• Bryan Habana (RSA)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Gio Aplon (RSA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoann Huget (FRA)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bowe really should have been on this poll. Difficult to think of too many wingers who've been at the top of the game for as long.

Ben Smith for me.

My opinion should have been IRB player of the year last year instead of Read.

Dunno. Two very different types of wings. I like them both for what they bring to our back three.

But if you had to pick one? :p

That's basically why I omitted Cuthbert. I figured he might steal a few votes from North, but I couldn't see him getting many other votes. Makes the results a bit more conclusive before progressing to a second round of voting.

If I was picking a world XV I would have Smith but only so I could also pick Folau, I don't see him as a winger.

I don't think Cuthbert merits being on the list, Bowe does though. Also I agree with Saffy, Sivivatu should be on it too. I applaud the decision to leave Cueto off the list as it would be unfair :)

Edit: Just seen the votes, wtf, did you guys not watch NZ last year?

DDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!

I also agree, Wade could be a better player than Aplon.

Also I voted for Jane as he is actually a 14 unlike North and Habana, will be interesting to see if Smith or Jane will be chosen against England.

Jane is probably only the 3rd choice right wing for the ABs at the moment (and he only gets that high based on past deeds). If there was an ABs test next week he probably wouldn't even make the squad. He was injured most of last season, and has struggled with injuries/form this season. If everyone is fit at the Canes he will struggle to make the starting lineup (though he is probably an option at 15 form them). In contrast Smith and Piutau have been in phenomenal form at Super Rugby and test level over the past year. Ideally the ABs back 3 against England will be 11. Savea, 14. Piutau, 15. Smith, but the ABs selectors love Dagg so he will most likely start at 15 (with Smith at 14).

Jane certainly has a good chance of being involved in the squad - he needs to start to show some form sooner rather thsn later though...

oh please North is much more valuable than Cuthbert...doesn't mean Cuthbert is bad or doesn't bring his own thing to the back 3, but let's be clear and make things simple, simple as they are: North over Cuthbert, any day of the week.

Ideally the ABs back 3 against England will be 11. Savea, 14. Piutau, 15. Smith, but the ABs selectors love Dagg so he will most likely start at 15 (with Smith at 14).

Jane certainly has a good chance of being involved in the squad - he needs to start to show some form sooner rather thsn later though...

I'd go for this back 3 against England, and Jane to be cover if he starts showing form, they may take Halai though, no doubt the selectors will have a thought about the world cup make up and who they want.

But if you had to pick one? :p

That's basically why I omitted Cuthbert. I figured he might steal a few votes from North, but I couldn't see him getting many other votes. Makes the results a bit more conclusive before progressing to a second round of voting.

So what's the point of these nominations? To allow people to choose their preferred option from amongst those considered the best in the world, or to provide you with a handy list filled with the answers you were hoping for?

So what is the real difference between a left and right winger?

So what's the point of these nominations? To allow people to choose their preferred option from amongst those considered the best in the world, or to provide you with a handy list filled with the answers you were hoping for?

What do you mean? Like I said, Cuthbert isn't going to be voted top, or likely even near top. It would be an extraneous option which would unnecessarily overcomplicate things. Its for the same reason that I wouldn't include Dave Kearney etc.

What do you mean? Like I said, Cuthbert isn't going to be voted top, or likely even near top. It would be an extraneous option which would unnecessarily overcomplicate things. Its for the same reason that I wouldn't include Dave Kearney etc.
The problem with doing these is not everyone is going to agree with the options, it's impossible really because you can't guess who everyone thinks is the best player and all that. The North thing confused me because he lost the left wing voting and then got added to this one, and you added Aplon when he can't be considered near the top in the best wingers in the world because he isn't playing intl' games. All he does is 'steal votes' from other people as you would put it.

The problem with doing these is not everyone is going to agree with the options, it's impossible really because you can't guess who everyone thinks is the best player and all that. The North thing confused me because he lost the left wing voting and then got added to this one, and you added Aplon when he can't be considered near the top in the best wingers in the world because he isn't playing intl' games. All he does is 'steal votes' from other people as you would put it.

Aplon was a mistake in hindsight, certainly. Of course its never going to be unanimous, but that shouldn't prevent us from coming up with a TRF XV.

And I didn't set up the first wing poll, which made everything a bit funny.

Aplon was a mistake in hindsight, certainly. Of course its never going to be unanimous, but that shouldn't prevent us from coming up with a TRF XV.

And I didn't set up the first wing poll, which made everything a bit funny.
Yeah it should have just been one person do it all. And I don't think anyone will argue that North and Savea aren't the best wings in the world.

tskk......such a noob....

I mean it as a serious question, like props playing on the tighthead and loosehead. Some wingers prefer to play left wing over right like Simon Zebo and George North. Is it better to pick left footers on the left wing because they give you a kicking option down that side?

I mean it as a serious question, like props playing on the tighthead and loosehead. Some wingers prefer to play left wing over right like Simon Zebo and George North. Is it better to pick left footers on the left wing because they give you a kicking option down that side?
and as for you, you prefer the blindside then the openside :)

Which foot they kick off, which foot they step better off, which arm they have a stronger handoff on, where they're simply more comfortable stuff like that I'd say, not the same difference as loosehead and tighthead.

Latest posts