Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Connor Murray (IRE)

• Danny Care (ENG)

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Morgan Parra (FRA)

• Total voters
Is he better than any of the 7 named above?
No.
Is he better than Ruan Pienaar? Nah.

So he's at very most the 9th best, which ain't that close to being number 1, is it?
Better than Muarry and probably Care. He was better than Parra last year aswell, is being the 9th best player in the world not close to being number 1 ?

I just picked the scrum half I thought was better. No idea what the hell a 'half back' is.

Halfback, first five eighth, second five eighth, centre three quarters, wing three quarters, full back are all the original terms for the positions, and correspond to where the players stand.

The scrum half is a 1/2.
The FULL back is 1.
The players between them must therefore collectively be the 3/4, ie. the original center and wingers.
When the opportunity for a fly half was realised, they made him the 5/8 between the 1/2 and 3/4 players.
The addition of an extra player in the backs (the inside center) led to him being called the second 5/8.

I find it funny that some places use some of the names (centre, wing, full back) but not all of them. It's very inconsistent...

The better question is, what the hell is a fly half???

Last edited:
oh....gahh, really, Danny Care is going to win this ?
alright...

With Du Preez only half available I'd give it to Smith. Genia is pretty special when at his best but considering the class this make-believe team has across the backline I'd opt for the more consistent player (although TBF on Genia Smith hasn't had the longest test carreer yet and time will tell if he can maintain his standards) and IMO better distributor.

Latest posts