• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

Mike Phillips very close to sign with Racing Metro, he'll sign in the next day and should be disponible after the game against Australia

Guess there are even more bars and night clubs in Paris than in Bayonne or Cardiff for him to indulge in!! This has to be his last chance saloon.........................sorry!!

Last chance saloon i agree, before he is barrrrrrred again, is it any wonder that the Welsh sponsors are Brains, drink it "no brains" works for Phillips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually contracts last three years, so would make sense. Clermont just secured Brock James who was also out of contract, and fly-halves are quite expensive at the moment in France, so maybe they had to size down in the winger department...

Edit: Sivivatu sort of confirmed it on twitter. To a Clermont fan who asked him what he had smoked, he replied "I don't smoke, I think is good for my life and rugby"

Last edited:
New coach at Clermont and maybe they have someone better to replace him or it could be a money situation as Zefrenchy mentioned, players come and go and sometimes the reasons can be very obsure, why would Montpellier not want to keep Gorgodze? good question the reason not being released yet but it happens all the time in Pro rugby, the days of staying with one club is becoming a very rare sight indeed, We still have Fulgence Ouedraogo and Francois Trinh-Duc till 2016 they started around 12/13 year old but there are not many examples like that in today's rugby.

Also, if Clermont are really going to buy Toby Flood from Leicester I imagine their budget is looking very tight.

Vasily Artemyev (Northampton) --> Krasny Yar (russian champion, 3 years deal)

New coach at Clermont and maybe they have someone better to replace him or it could be a money situation as Zefrenchy mentioned, players come and go and sometimes the reasons can be very obsure, why would Montpellier not want to keep Gorgodze? good question the reason not being released yet but it happens all the time in Pro rugby, the days of staying with one club is becoming a very rare sight indeed, We still have Fulgence Ouedraogo and Francois Trinh-Duc till 2016 they started around 12/13 year old but there are not many examples like that in today's rugby.
Ha there isn't much better unless they somehow got savea....

Petru Tamba (CSM Baia Mare) --> RCJ Farul Constanta
Bidzina Shamkaradze (RCMUV Timisoara) --> CSM Baia Mare
Andrei Rădoi (CSM Baia Mare) --> Eoling Trailfinders RFC

Latest posts