• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon vs Savea

1 Big Steve Diamond special coming right up.

Honestly he ain't a bad player BUT he is in a massive rut.
Can't even blame Toulon for it he was crap for Hurricanes and AB's.

I wouldn't say no to him at Leicester but it would be below market value.

The most overhyped player of recent memory. I remember the first time I saw him play, Australian Schoolboys tour of NZ I watched because of my best mates got called up to be a winger of the tour, so we have a live stream of the game at school. My mate at the time a Fijian winger was about 80kgs, and he steam rolled over Savea to score the try that won our first ever Tour win in NZ. Savea put on heaps of weight after school and looked a lot better at the start of his career, but he was never that good in my eye, just another big winger.

It's not France. It's Boudjellal in Toulon. So it's veryvery small. Nobody else treats players like he does. He recruited Savea. His problem. When was Mourads last good recruitment? Nobody can remember.
I dislike Boudjellal as much as the next guy but he has made some very good recruitments. Ashton becoming the highest try scorer in a season in the Top 14 and bringing over Radradra from League both spring to mind.

If Rhys Webb can manage to 'piggy-back' off of Savea out of the club and out of his contract in time for the World Cup it could be huge. If fit, he would probably start (he would in my XV anyway)... and our three 9's for the World Cup squad would be a strong pool to draw on.

I dislike Boudjellal as much as the next guy but he has made some very good recruitments. Ashton becoming the highest try scorer in a season in the Top 14 and bringing over Radradra from League both spring to mind.
Both have left the club though. He can't hold on to his good recruits. Ashton stayed one season and ran out of the place. Toxic environment.

Latest posts