conference leaders:
Crusaders
Sharks
Brumbies

wildcards:
Hurricanes
Highlanders - a lot of home games left.
Rebels
Jaguares - always think they're capable of winning in NZ and Australia.
Lions - same as the Highlanders and have the potential to string wins together.

my guess for the quarter-finals:
Crusaders (1) v Lions (8)
Sharks (2) v Jaguares (7)
Brumbies (3) v Rebels (6)
Hurricanes (4) v Highlanders (5)

watch me be way off with these guesses.

I don't think the Chiefs, Blues and the Stormers will win enough games to qualify. the Bulls have not toured in NZ or Aus yet so that rules them out. the Waratahs, Reds and Sunwolves aren't good enough.

my predicted quarter-finalists
conference leaders:
Crusaders
Sharks
Brumbies

wildcards:
Hurricanes
Highlanders - a lot of home games left.
Rebels
Jaguares - always think they're capable of winning in NZ and Australia.
Lions - same as the Highlanders and have the potential to string wins together.

my guess for the quarter-finals:
Crusaders (1) v Lions (8)
Sharks (2) v Jaguares (7)
Brumbies (3) v Rebels (6)
Hurricanes (4) v Highlanders (5)

watch me be way off with these guesses.

I don't think the Chiefs, Blues and the Stormers will win enough games to qualify. the Bulls have not toured in NZ or Aus yet so that rules them out. the Waratahs, Reds and Sunwolves aren't good enough.
Maybelline has to be in the top 8

I don't want to go off topic but in terms of super rugby playoffs, while I haven't looked at the draw, it is a very even competition this year apart from the crusaders, so hard to pick. I can pick the winner though - the crusaders. At their best, the highlanders have looked like the second most accurate team, followed by the brumbies bit both of these teams have been inconsistent. The second most consistent team, while never looking particularly polished are the hurricanes. After that group the rest are consistently ok, with the South African conference teams probably slightly ahead of the rest. Just the feeling I get without having watched all the games. The Sunwolves have been one of the most exciting attacking teams.

It hasn't been one of the better quality competitions at the top of the ladder, I mean the blues from a few years ago that won just one of their nz games and finished quite low on the ladder due to playing half their games against 4 of the best 5 teams that year, that blues team would be coming second in this years competition. but this year has been great in how many pretty good teams there are, creating a very even competition.

Last edited:

Latest posts