• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day2

Few would have said that Montpellier would be equal bottom after 2 games.
After next weekend, they could be alone at the bottom if they lose at UBB and Grenoble beat LOU and Pau will be looking for their first win at home to Bayonne.
As for Toulouse, the trip to Racing will be tough, although I'm pleased to see that Toby Flood should be available for selection, hopefully at 10, which for me is his best position.
After an encouraging start to last season his confidence must have taken a big knock after a poor game in Ulster and he never cemented his place in the side after that. I have often wondered if he corresponds to exactly what J-B Elissalde expects of him and I've also questioned J-BE's competence as a backs coach. Very good player as he was, I remain unconvinced of his capabilities as coach.

Few would have said that Montpellier would be equal bottom after 2 games.
After next weekend, they could be alone at the bottom if they lose at UBB and Grenoble beat LOU and Pau will be looking for their first win at home to Bayonne.

Botttom after 2 days is not really a problem, Toulon last season lost their first 2 games and still made the final, bottom after 20days is something to be concerned about, not now. Even if we lose v Bordeaux we will still not be bottom as Grenoble will not win at Lyon, unfortunately for them they are probably the weakest team in this seasons TOP 14, and in my eyes are the first relegation team!!!!!!!!!

Just watched the Top 14 Round up programme on Sky and they had Montypellier at the bottom with no points.......!!

Mind you that is probably right when you see that their hooker gave a forward pass for their second try which was not picked up!!

Just watched the Top 14 Round up programme on Sky and they had Montypellier at the bottom with no points.......!!

Mind you that is probably right when you see that their hooker gave a forward pass for their second try which was not picked up!!

Sky obviously don't understand the defensive bonus point, the forward pass is only forward when the ref agrees it's forward, mind you i would have given myself if i was reffing. Far too many mistakes from us it was super hot and humid but that was also the same for Clermont, it will come, the second half much better,which we won 17-10 it does not change the result or anything, but we are on our way it just may take time, don't worry at the end we will be in the TOP 6.!!!!!!!!!!

Sky obviously don't understand the defensive bonus point, the forward pass is only forward when the ref agrees it's forward, mind you i would have given myself if i was reffing. Far too many mistakes from us it was super hot and humid but that was also the same for Clermont, it will come, the second half much better,which we won 17-10 it does not change the result or anything, but we are on our way it just may take time, don't worry at the end we will be in the TOP 6.!!!!!!!!!!

I have few doubts on that!!

I feel sure that MHR will be in the top 6 at the end of yet another long season, along with ASM, RCT, ST, Racing and ....... maybe UBB or ASR.
Thoughts?

Toulon, Racing, Clermont Toulouse, Montpellier +1 as you may or may not know, the deciding factors are nearly always after Christmas, Jan, Feb when some of the smaller teams (smaller bugets, limited squads etc.) have injury problems fatigue etc setting in, we had the same problem last season by playing the same players week in week out at the end of the season, why we lost the semi to Toulon. Jake recognises this and it will not happen again. There are several teams that could fill that 6th place but i think it will be between Bordeaux and Castres, La Rochelle will consolidate their place but not contenders for the TOP 6

The turning point in the season is def the January-Feb window and the 6N. I can tell you it has been well earmarked as the danger zone by the staff here. We lost our 1st place to the 6N last season.