• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 25...

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
Penultimate weekend before the end of season play-offs, looks like we have the hardest game, along with a Toulouse v Clermont both on Sunday.

Du 27 au 29 Mai 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 27/05[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASR
14[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-Atlantique-stade-rochelais-la-rochelle_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] R92
30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 28/05[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
34[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 15h30[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL
7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SFP
28[/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
rugby-club-sporting-union-agen-lot-et-garonne.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SUA
25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SP
29[/TD]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG
12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] USO
20[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Oyonnax.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CO
25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 29/05[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ST
[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h30[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASM
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 29/05[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] MHR

[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
All home wins for me!
Allez Toulouse, cos I believe they can get a barrage at home if they win their last two games and Racing lose one - though I'll have to check that.

Gastons predicktions for this weekends games,Home wins for Stade Francais, Pau, Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Toulouse but only just, away win for Castres, and of course Montpellier have to beat Toulon to keep that 2nd place and direct qualification into the semis. A little trouble down th,mill this week but all will be sorted by Sunday evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!in France c'est l'eau dans le gaz!!!!!!!!!!.

Impressed by the quality of Racing youngsters like Luc Barba and the half-backs Maxime Javaux and Xavier Chauveau. They controlled the game very well and showed surprising maturity. This is was not an easy game La Rochelle are a handful at home.

And Brice Dulin is the best full-back ball in hand in the league.

first predicktion out of the window with JJ FLASH joining me, Racing on 77pts after their win last night, with Toulon and us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's getting tight at the top with Clermont away at Toulouse, and we have Toulon both tomorrow, its going down to the wire and the last weekend to finally decide who plays who, and who is at home and who goes directly into the semis, another exciting finish to the TOP 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJF's predictions are known worldwide to be crap!!!
However, if Toulouse get two bonus point victories home to ASM and away to Grenoble, and MHR stuff Racing away, then they will have a home barrage!
Pigs have been known to fly - haven't they?

The other big clash tonight, both teams look more or less full strength we are missing Bismark (3 yellows automatic one match ban), we are a full house tonight so just under 15,000 official!!!!. We have home advantage but this is anyones to win, if we get a good start i think we should just about get over the finishing line but there will be still no guarentees of an automatic semi play off place, maybe we will have to win at Racing also

Le XV de départ de Montpellier:

Mogg ; Nagusa, Tuitavake, Steyn, O'Connor ; Catrakilis (o), Paillaugue (m) ; Spies, Liebenberg, Ouedraogo (c) ; Willemse, Du Plessis ; Kubriashvili, Ivaldi, Nariashvili.
Remplaçants : Geli, Watremez, Tchale-Watchou, Qera, White, Lucas, Ebersohn, Du Plessis.

Le XV de départ de Toulon:
O'Connor ; Tuisova, Bastareaud, Nonu, Habana ; Giteau (o), Pelissie (m) ; Vermeulen, Lobbe, Gorgodze ; Mikautadze, Manoa ; Chilachava, Guirado (c), Chiocci.

Remplaçants: Orioli, Fresia, Taofifenua, Armitage, Belan, Taylor, Escande, Saulo.

Great Toulouse win over Clermont, 1st half played some of our best attacking rugby this season + a superb 50 m penalty kick in driving rain by Florian Fritz

Au revoir to Vincent Clerc, Imanol Harinordoquy, Clement Poitrenaud, Greg Lamboley

A whole generation leaving or retiring. End of an era.

also leaving: Louis Picamoles, Corey Flynn, Matanavou

Last edited:
Great Toulouse win over Clermont, 1st half played some of our best attacking rugby this season + a superb 50 m penalty kick in driving rain by Florian Fritz

Au revoir to Vincent Clerc, Imanol Harinordoquy, Clement Poitrenaud, Greg Lamboley

A whole generation leaving or retiring. End of an era.

also leaving: Louis Picamoles, Corey Flynn, Matanavou

Imanol finally gone?

Shame.......

At least ST got something from in his dotage, (unlike BO), which to me, lasted too long and damaged somewhat an otherwise brilliant career.

Imanol finally gone?

Shame.......

At least ST got something from in his dotage, (unlike BO), which to me, lasted too long and damaged somewhat an otherwise brilliant career.

yes this is Imanol's last season. Many at the end of their career which has been part of our problems. But the transition has to happen and the new generation has to be broken into. Can't rush these things. Unless we buy a ready-made solutions from overseas. But it's not in the club's culture.

Wasn't easy for Imanol to leave Biarritz, he is a real basque. Played really well for us in last 2 seasons. Great player.

sorry to see BO and Bourgoin in Fédérale. They're better than that.

We need Bayonne back in T14. To me the league isn't complete unless we have a basque club. Too many good players au pays basque.

Last edited:
Wasn't easy for Imanol to leave Biarritz, he is a real basque. Played really well for us in last 2 seasons. Great player.

sorry to see BO and Bourgoin in Fédérale. They're better than that.

We need Bayonne back in T14. To me the league isn't complete unless we have a basque club. Too many good players au pays basque.

It may have been hard from him to leave but I wish he had left two seasons earlier. For me, latterly he was a big game player who did not appear to relish the lesser games as much as the club needed him to!

I agree about Bayonne and hope they do it next week......

Federale......is that final? If so, they will never come back and there will be a huge departure of players.....

Edit....there is 10 day appeal time yet so not necessarily final yet!

Last edited:
Another monster late night arriving home around 3.00am after much celebration with players and staff, had to be a resonably good boy as was in control of car moreorless!!!!!! Great victory for us v Toulon and we deserved it, but would not want to play them every week very tough physically and the nerves are in some sort of destruction... Gaston gets a 6 out of 7 for his predicktions not too shabby and Montpellier stay 2nd. destiny in their own hand next week at Racing, draw will do win even better and straight into the semis i hope!!!!!! but tha'ts another story thank you and good night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splendid win! Please do the same next weekend in Paris - as long as Toulouse beat Grenoble too and then I can buy my ticket to a home barrage!!

Splendid win! Please do the same next weekend in Paris - as long as Toulouse beat Grenoble too and then I can buy my ticket to a home barrage!!

I'm not sure whether you will have a home barrage if that happens,Racing would have to score 0pts or you get the 5pts then it would be ok. i think our task is possible but not easy Of course if we win at Racing i hope you do get the home barrage!!!!!!

Latest posts