• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the STORMERS thread

Morne Steyn - 135 kicks
Peter Grant - 81 kicks

http://www.rugbystats.com.au/rugby/super15/player-stats.html?refresh=1341399632256

Your one liner failed again - you can do better that that I am sure

In the context of that article, and the other stats... nope not really... you only refer to kicking at goal, which Morne Steyn has done a lot more than Grant, yes, but remember, Grant hasn't played the full season of Super 15 this year, and Joe Pietersen has done a lot of kicking as well.

My one liner would have failed if you showed some stats which didn't involved KICKING... something like passing, running metres gained, offloads, try assists (of which Morne is on that stat list and not Grant), tackles made/missed...

Let's face it, Grant is just as one dimensional as Morne, the only difference is that Morne varies his game a little minute bit more, which I haven't seen from Grant yet this year...

In all fairness... Both Grant and Steyn are kak fly-halves. They bring nothing to the game that youngsters can't. It's just plain kicking. If you bash Grant, you indirectly bash Morne. I guess the Stormers would be better off with Sias Ebersohn for instance. It's a shame he's moving to Perth, because he could have been the spark that the Stormers backline needs. Mostly the attacking rugby starts when Aplon slides into the 1st-receiver role and from there on the transition is okay.

The Stormers have the best defense, period. If only they could combine it with some more running rugby.

I agree, Eze. Grant is a crutch for the Stormers. Just as M Steyn is for both the Bulls and Bokke.

Pity about us sleeping while the Force and Bulls pick up Ebersohn and Pollard. These were the guys that would have been easiest to get. I really hope Grant moves off to Japan again this year and that one of our youngsters (again pity it's not Pollard) get some chance to stake a claim during the CC.

9 Hougaard
10 Pollard
12 Engelbrecht
13 Sadie
15 Cronje

M Steyn too (though you can keep him)

You can almost make a backline of the talented backs we lost to the Bulls in recetn years and who did we sign from them in return? Two wingers in the form of Habana (who was kak up to this year) and GvdH.... go figure.

Latest posts