• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official Queensland Reds Thread 2010

W

Wally

For all chat involving the Reds and their unbridled path to Super 14 glory in 2010.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jan 15 2010, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We Include Freestate as well :)[/b]

I always wonder how the Freestate manage to beat the Crusaders and the Sharks but not other teams. They probably have the best forward pack as a whole in the competition (at least this year) but utter crap from jersey no. 10 up and bleed tries. The same can possibly be said of the Reds but the other way around; I mean, between Genia, Cooper, Barnes (K, so he bailed), Iaone and Hynes one would expect better results.

QR Reds v NSW Waratahs (first half)

1. Ben Daley © (QR Reds)
2. Saia Faingaa (QR Reds)
3. Jack Kennedy (QR Reds)
4. Adam Byrnes (QR Reds)
5. Van Humphries (QR Reds)
6. Jake Schatz (QAS Reds Academy)
7. Lei Tomiki (QR Reds)
8. Scott Higginbotham (QR Reds)
9. Richard Kingi (QR Reds)
10. Ben Lucas (vc) (QR Reds)
11. Dominic Shipperley (QAS Reds Academy)
12. Anthony Faingaa (QR Reds)
13. Morgan Turinui (QR Reds)
14. Brando Va'aulu (QR Reds)
15. Luke Morahan (QR Reds)

QR Reds v NSW Waratahs (second half)

1. James Slipper (QAS Reds Academy)
2. James Hanson (QR Reds)
3. Laurie Weeks (QR Reds)
4. Adam Byrnes (QR Reds)
5. Van Humphries (QR Reds)
6. Ezra Taylor (QR Reds)
7. Andrew Shaw (QAS Reds Academy)
8. Jake Schatz (QAS Reds Academy)
9. Richard Kingi (QR Reds)
10. Tim Walsh (Wider Training Squad)
11. Blair Connor (QR Reds)
12. Ben Tapuai (QAS Reds Academy)
13. Will Chambers (QR Reds)
14. Rod Davies (QR Reds)
15. Aidan Toua (QAS Reds Academy)

Reserves

16. Heath Tessman (Wider Training Squad)
17. Dallan Murphy (Wider Training Squad)
18. Jono Lance (QAS Reds Academy)
19. Michael Bond (Wider Training Squad)

15. Aidan Toua (QAS Reds Academy)

Did he go from the 2009 Reds Squad back into the academy?

I don't know if he was ever in the actual Reds squad was he? I don't recall him notching any minutes anyway. He's defiantly a better prospect than Brando though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 23 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know if he was ever in the actual Reds squad was he? I don't recall him notching any minutes anyway. He's defiantly a better prospect than Brando though.[/b]

mate I am 100% sure he had a full Queensland contract in 2009, he was in the main player profiles last year. On 100-200k? Down to the 10k Academy contract now.
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/reds_rugby/fut...demy,70683.html

what do you think of the new academy players Wally? Gill will be a Wallaby but I cant believe Matt Lucas got a contract. I'd pick anyone from that state high backline over him anyday.

Bad call by the Reds to let Mowen go after his excellent season last year with the Waratahs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lochsta22 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bad call by the Reds to let Mowen go after his excellent season last year with the Waratahs[/b]
You're joking if you think that's the biggest blunder the Reds management have made when it comes to player recruitment and retention over the last few years. Here's a small list:

David Pocock
Rocky Elsom
Mark Chisholm
Hugh McMeniman
Berrick Barnes
Nathan Sharpe
Drew Mitchell
Mitchell Chapman
James O'Connor
Stephen Moore
Matt Toomua
Nemani Nadolo
Richard Brown
Stefano Hunt

Could have used one or two of those Queenslanders hey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 3 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lochsta22 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad call by the Reds to let Mowen go after his excellent season last year with the Waratahs[/b]
You're joking if you think that's the biggest blunder the Reds management have made when it comes to player recruitment and retention over the last few years. Here's a small list:

David Pocock
Rocky Elsom
Mark Chisholm
Hugh McMeniman
Berrick Barnes
Nathan Sharpe
Drew Mitchell
Mitchell Chapman
James O'Connor
Stephen Moore
Matt Toomua
Nemani Nadolo
Richard Brown
Stefano Hunt

Could have used one or two of those Queenslanders hey.
[/b][/quote]

Those Nudgee lads are pretty loyal hey.

Looking at last years table ^^^....

what's the Reds aim this year??

11th or 12th??

:p

I just can't help but think how good the Reds backline would have done this year if they managed to keep Berrick Barnes.

9. Genia
10. Barnes ©
11. Morahan
12. Cooper
13. Chambers
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

That would have been 5 current Wallabies, a former NRL premiership winner and a sprint champion.

Rodney Davies is better than Morahan, Davies has done a lot of work in the off season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Feb 8 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rodney Davies is better than Morahan, Davies has done a lot of work in the off season.[/b]
Davies is a gumby. He's quick but not as quick as Morahan, and I don't think he has a good rugby head on him.

Latest posts