• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Great Ruck Rating Experiment

houseofdavies

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
Okay, fellas. I played a whole bunch of nearly identical games tonight with Ospreys against Saracens. In each game, I messed with Osprey player ratings to try and get rucking more realistic. I played on hard with good weather and light wind.

My overall net conclusion is that there may not be a way to truly fix the rucking issue with ratings. But here are my step-by-step instructions to make it as much better as I could manage.

1 – Pick any team.

2 – Lower every player's strength by 10. It may work better if you go lower, but that's where I ran out of steam.

3 – Put every player's Rucking rating to 1. Seriously. I lowered it 20 points at a time, and this is what you have to do to get any meaningful change in play.

4 – Put Props' and Flankers' Rucking ratings to 5. You need a little something out there.

Even this didn't make a massive change. But the CPU will ruck a bit better, especially as the game goes on.

This took my scores from 80-6 down to 20-6. I'm open to suggestions on improving it more.

One more tip: play with light wind or no wind. With lots of wind, you can make savage kicks, and the CPU screws all their kicks up. So it swings things even more in your favour.

Okay, fellas. I played a whole bunch of nearly identical games tonight with Ospreys against Saracens. In each game, I messed with Osprey player ratings to try and get rucking more realistic. I played on hard with good weather and light wind.

My overall net conclusion is that there may not be a way to truly fix the rucking issue with ratings. But here are my step-by-step instructions to make it as much better as I could manage.

1 – Pick any team.

2 – Lower every player's strength by 10. It may work better if you go lower, but that's where I ran out of steam.

3 – Put every player's Rucking rating to 1. Seriously. I lowered it 20 points at a time, and this is what you have to do to get any meaningful change in play.

4 – Put Props' and Flankers' Rucking ratings to 5. You need a little something out there.

Even this didn't make a massive change. But the CPU will ruck a bit better, especially as the game goes on.

This took my scores from 80-6 down to 20-6. I'm open to suggestions on improving it more.

One more tip: play with light wind or no wind. With lots of wind, you can make savage kicks, and the CPU screws all their kicks up. So it swings things even more in your favour.

Thank you for your advice, I'll try that. If you have the PC version of the game, you can change the db with SQLite Manager. It's faster and you have access to baucoup more data. If you want I'll give you a tutorial video.

Merci pour tes conseils, je vais tester ça. Si tu as le jeu version PC, tu peux modifier la db avec SQLite Manager. C'est plus rapide et tu as accès a baucoup plus de données. Si tu veux je vais te faire une vidéo tutoriel.

Latest posts