• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Blue Bulls thread

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Where are the Bulls supporters? I am interested to hear from them and what they consider the Bulls' chances to be.

My dad is from Pretoria and a Bulls supporter. He seems to be quietly confident, not wanting to chirp too much but I can see he isn't worried.

They cannae read ;)

Would be nice to have a Bull in, it is strange that they have none on here, as they have by far the largest support base

But then again, isn't there some SA based forum called Keou or something? Maybe they are all there

They cannae read ;)

Would be nice to have a Bull in, it is strange that they have none on here, as they have by far the largest support base

But then again, isn't there some SA based forum called Keou or something? Maybe they are all there

Yes, the stereotype is probably there for a reason. They like the flavor of their blogs local, preferably don't like to read and probably don't have a reliable internet connection at the autoshop to start with. That and they probably get banned at every turn so they just don't post anymore. Keo.co.za; extremely biased.

I find it too easy to forgive myself for being rude to Bulls supporters, LOL.

Between Basson and van den Heever I would expect quite a few tries, now they just need a fullback to go with it.

My dad is from Pretoria and a Bulls supporter.
We all have odd family members :p

I think 90% of the Bulls-supporters are just glory hunters who don't even know that a try gives you more points than a penalty

I think 90% of the Bulls-supporters are just glory hunters who don't even know that a try gives you more points than a penalty

Lol, wut?
MorneSteyn_1926172.jpg

Yeah, seriously... When you watch the people in that stadium, most of them don't even know the rules. They just cheer louder when a penalty is scored than when Hougaard or van den Heever scores a try.

I think the Bulls will be a team to watch out for, at the end of the season they will lose lots of players of their starting line up.
So if they wanna pick, it's now or they need to wait one or two year.
They have nothing to lose. One of the SA I really like to watch as Matfield is playing for them.

I support all of our teams equally. I do think the Bulls will win again though.

Matfield, Botha, du Preez, Steyn, Hougaard, van den Heever, Spies, Basson, Steggman, Steenkamp... Their whole team is class. If they are on form, nobody can beat them in this competition.

Between Basson and van den Heever I would expect quite a few tries, now they just need a fullback to go with it.

We all have odd family members :p

Yeah, the final last year was kinda awkward as the family watched it together.

As for a fullback, van der Westhuizen needs to go. I still am not a fan of Kirschner but he has shown a slight degree of improvement last year. Hell, in one of the 3N games in NZ last year it was only Kirschner and Guthro Steenkamp who pitched up to play some rugby.

What I would be gay over is to see a Bulls backline of;

9 Fourie du Preez
10 Morne Steyn
11 Francois Hougaard
12 Wynand Olivier
13 Akona Ndungane
14 Gerhard van der Heever
15 Bjorn Basson (imagine the counter attacking! I have not seen him drop a high ball and I hear he is a competent kicker from hand)

I support all of our teams equally. I do think the Bulls will win again though.

Matfield, Botha, du Preez, Steyn, Hougaard, van den Heever, Spies, Basson, Steggman, Steenkamp... Their whole team is class. If they are on form, nobody can beat them in this competition.

Certainly they and the Crusaders have the best full strength teams but I wonder wether they have that quality in depth and with the long season and the fact that their key men will probably be sitting out here and there.. well, I'll still pick them for the play-offs but don't think they are going to top the log.

If they make it to the play offs ( both Crusaders and Bulls) they will play their best team.

I would rather play with 14 than to bring that chubby guy in at scrumhalf

A back three of Hougaard, van den Heever and Basson would not be bad at all. The Bulls would need to grab a wing/fullback from some club after the CC when Hougaard moves back to 9 to cover for FdP.

Like they did with Basson? I think they should just use Akona as a winger when Hougaard moves to scrumhalf. I don't think Chavanga, Mapoe or Nokwe is better than Odwa's twinbrother

Like they did with Basson? I think they should just use Akona as a winger when Hougaard moves to scrumhalf. I don't think Chavanga, Mapoe or Nokwe is better than Odwa's twinbrother

Yeah, it was a poor attempt at a joke. ;)
Haven't seen much of Akona, he seems to be behind Odwa for the Boks. Nokwi and Chavhanga are both quicker, but constantly injured.
They could always keep Hougaard on the wing and sign Ricky, I'd be fine with that.

Yeah, it was a poor attempt at a joke. ;)
Haven't seen much of Akona, he seems to be behind Odwa for the Boks. Nokwi and Chavhanga are both quicker, but constantly injured.
They could always keep Hougaard on the wing and sign Ricky, I'd be fine with that.

That is the funniest thing I've read all year *blinking away tears*. I can hear the blue horned fans when Ricky takes two lateral steps before looking forward to see if there isn't a space for him before considering to pass the ball.

Latest posts