• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SuperRugby: Bulls v Crusaders

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Super%20Rugby.png

Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria - (07/04/2012, 15:05GMT)
Bulls.png
Versus%20Super.png
Crusaders.png

That Greyling try was legen...

... wait for it...

... dary!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Bulls and Stormers, made up for the Sharks loss.

Some very dubious ref decisions in this game. Crusaders were super hard done by in the end there.

Nah the decisions in this game were just plane wack man.

The sharks had their oportunities if they had played like the stormers did they would of probably been in alot better position at the end of it.

The stormers are hugely impressive to me so far. If they get home semi i think they'll be very hard to stop.

I can actually see them tipping the saders over aswell next week and that could just about be the saders season.

Last edited:
Some very dubious ref decisions in this game. Crusaders were super hard done by in the end there.

If you are talking about the obstruction call on Carter in the 76th min, then its hardly fair to blame Jaco for that. It was a crap call made by Assistant Referee, Pro Legoete. There was no obstruction whatsoever; Carter was entitled to run his support line, and didn't have to get out of the defender's way.

I'm afraid Mr Legoete is not up to the necessary standard for this level of rugby. Some South African friends of mine tell me he has had a few shockers in the Currie Cup and Vodacom Cup as well.

IMO, he's a "transformation referee"; there to keep the likes of Oregan Hoskins happy. This is not the first time he has imagined offences that no-one else has seen. I recall a red card he recommended as Assistant Referee in one match for a head butt that never happened. It had everyone from both sides scratching their heads. He was also Duty Ref on the sareferees website some time ago and was asked a Law question. He gave an answer that was wrong in Law, and had to be corrected by Mark Lawrence a week later.

Hopefully, this wrong call is one critical error too many, and he gets the boot now.

[TEXTAREA]NOTE: For interest, here is the video of his cock-up where he recommended the Red Card (slide forward to 5:45)

SANZAR referees boss Lyndon Bray said the red card decision was reviewed and it was clearly wrong. The player concerned had the red card expunged from his disciplinary record.
[/TEXTAREA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great performance by the Crusaders to get as close as they did. You do wonder what they could have done with the extra minute or two at the end though. Once the clock had gone the Bulls knew they were out of kicking range and definitely used it to their advantage in the Saders half.

Still, not to take anything from the Bulls, it was a great game to watch all round.

There were some dodgy calls. Read was penalized for entering from the side of the ruck when a ruck hadn't formed. Someone, I think Guildford, was penalized for a late tackle when the player was just standing their ground and the Bulls player ran into them. Of course the Dan Carter part that should have been a try. Crusaders were robbed.

Pro Legoete is really a poor referee. He looks simply out of his depth, even at Currie Cup level.
Any idea how long Mark Lawrence is sticking around for? I have always liked him.

People need to remember there was a forward pass leading up to the ''obstruction'' call by Pro, so it was justice in the end, even if it took a retard to rectify it.

And honestly, I don't think the call was that bad, Carter did seem to be doing a little obstructing.

Does anyone know /have a link to highlights of this game. I couldnt find any on YouTube or rugbydump. Thanks

Id like to see a replay of the supposed forward pass aswell. Its was nothing more than a line ball and certainly not forward when i saw it the first time.

Also the accusations of eye gouging have been pretty much debunked. Chilliboy needs to take a look at himself imo.

You could see when he came out of that ruck nothing was wrong with him. Pretty disgusting on his behalf. This better not become a common thing with this white card rubbish.

Last edited:
Id like to see a replay of the supposed forward pass aswell. Its was nothing more than a line ball and certainly not forward when i saw it the first time.

Just watched it on MySky

There are no passes thrown anywhere near forward in the lead up. It was just a straight out crap call by a crap Assistant Referee

Also the accusations of eye gouging have been pretty much debunked. Chilliboy needs to take a look at himself imo.

You could see when he came out of that ruck nothing was wrong with him. Pretty disgusting on his behalf. This better not become a common thing with this white card rubbish.

I hope there is even more made of this

Todd Blackadder not happy. He has more or less accused the Bulls players of deliberately misleading the on-field officials. If true, then this is dirty tactics IMO, and I am not surprised it is they who have been the first to try making a false report to get a white card issued.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...alse-accusations/story-fn8tk0tu-1226321628282

So because it was not on camera, it didn't happen? Rubbish. Who does Todd think he is? Asking for an apology?

So because it was not on camera, it didn't happen? Rubbish. Who does Todd think he is? Asking for an apology?

Never mind that, why did you rape my dog?! Why did you come onto my property, grab my dog and rape it?

EDIT: Just checked the many cameras I surround my dog with, turns out there is no evidence that implicates you in raping my dog, or my dog being rape'd full stop. I guess you could ask for an apology, seeing as I accused you of something in which there was no basis, however is potentially damaging to your image.

Sorry, back to the topic.

Last edited:
Never mind that, why did you rape my dog?! Why did you come onto my property, grab my dog and rape it?

EDIT: Just checked the many cameras I surround my dog with, turns out there is no evidence that implicates you in raping my dog, or my dog being rape'd full stop. I guess you could ask for an apology, seeing as I accused you of something in which there was no basis, however is potentially damaging to your image.

Sorry, back to the topic.

Wow, ok. There is a pretty massive difference with this and the actual eye gouge claim. The Bulls player 'claim' to have been eye gouged, if your dog could talk(wow, how did we get this off topic) and claimed to be raped by me (wow, seriously) but had no evidence, would you be dismissive of his accusation because he had no video proof?

Wow, ok. There is a pretty massive difference with this and the actual eye gouge claim. The Bulls player 'claim' to have been eye gouged, if your dog could talk(wow, how did we get this off topic) and claimed to be raped by me (wow, seriously) but had no evidence, would you be dismissive of his accusation because he had no video proof?

Well actually, I was using my dog as a front as I was embarrised about the issue, but you actually raped me. I was lieing in my room, surrounded by live cameras, and you rape'd me. It was terrible. Why would you do that? Once again there is no evidence that you did on the footage, but you did. You are a rapist. I nickdnz, am accusing you sonnech of raping me, with no evidence other than my word that you rape'd me. Alright?

Latest posts