• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Sharks - Bulls in Durban (06/07/2012)

same can be said about the Bulls

So you think your frontrow (Greyling-Ralepelle-Werner Kruger) is equal to ours (Beast-Bismarck-Jannie)?

And your midfield (Olivier-JJ) is comparable to ours (F. Steyn-Whitehead)?

NO. You might have the upperhand in the second row and half-back combo but the Sharks outclass the Bulls in the front-row and midfield. I just hope it's enough and we can avoid line-outs.

vBookie Sharks-Bulls

Added the vBookie for this massive clash! This is without a doubt the most awaited clash of the round. Even more exciting than Chiefs-Crusaders

My excitement of seeing Steyn is overshadowed by the prospect of the f*ckle brothers at halfback again.

My excitement of seeing Steyn is overshadowed by the prospect of the f*ckle brothers at halfback again.

McLeod (although I haven't seen him play this year) is a good domestic level scrum half and Michalak had a great game for France against Argentina recently and was being praised a lot by the French (although he has always had moments of brilliance to be fair, ruined by his moments of rubbishness too)

Yeah PD, but we don't play in a domestic competition at the moment. McLeod is shite and Michalak is a player that shines the first half and is invisible the second, like a magician but worse. I just hope we can get Pienaar to return to Durban so we have a good team all together. Imagine that hey.

9. Pienaar
10. Lambie
11. Mvovo
12. F. Steyn
13. Jordaan
14. JP Pietersen
15. Viljoen

No, McLeod is just a poor player, any level.
Michalak is overrated. As Eze says, one moment of brilliance, and then a shower of shite. He really doesn't fit into Southern Hemisphere rugby.
We need to move on from Pienaar, he is at Ulster for another three years now. Develop Reinach and persist with Hoffmann, he isn't as poor as many make out.

For some reason many Sharks fans have turned against Viljoen. He hasn't had the best of seasons, but give him a chance!.

@Eze, wrong midfield, Bosman/Joubert midfield ;)

Bosman/Joubert? Yeah sure! While you're at it, just put Ndungane, Sykes, Skeate and Chadwick in the mix.

Man, we have some **** poor players.

Bosman/Joubert? Yeah sure! While you're at it, just put Ndungane, Sykes, Skeate and Chadwick in the mix.

Man, we have some **** poor players.

OK, Chadwick isn't great, but he played nearly the entire first third of the season non stop. At least he sometimes gives it his all.

Damn, no Lambie or Alberts,.... We can still do this!

So you think your frontrow (Greyling-Ralepelle-Werner Kruger) is equal to ours (Beast-Bismarck-Jannie)?

And your midfield (Olivier-JJ) is comparable to ours (F. Steyn-Whitehead)?

NO. You might have the upperhand in the second row and half-back combo but the Sharks outclass the Bulls in the front-row and midfield. I just hope it's enough and we can avoid line-outs.

I never said they're equal... What I meant was, that Our front row are also Boks like the sharks and that our midfield also consist of a bok inside centre and a non-bok outside like the sharks...

that being said, I don't think our guys should stand back for your guys as they all bring something different to the team...

I want my Bulls to win, but I want 3 SA teams in the top 6...

Looking forward to the midfield clash
both 12's are strong, straight runners and good defenders
both 13's have a bit of spark and x-factor

The team that dominates the collision and break down will have the opportunity to use their midfield to good effect

P.S would love to see a chase between Mvovo and Basson

I never said they're equal... What I meant was, that Our front row are also Boks like the sharks and that our midfield also consist of a bok inside centre and a non-bok outside like the sharks...

that being said, I don't think our guys should stand back for your guys as they all bring something different to the team...

I want my Bulls to win, but I want 3 SA teams in the top 6...

Yes one tends to get divided between franchise and country at present. Some supporters only care for their team but I would like to believe the true patriotic supporter cares for the well being of all teams in his country.
One thing that even further complicates this issues for me (from Stormers perspective) is I would prefer to play a team travelling than the Bulls or Sharks at home as the local teams have a better chance to be victorious on the day
I don't think anyone could be faulted for wishing their team into the play-off's at this stage - by any means - tempers should start firing up soon
All part of the game

Last edited:
I want the Bulls to lose, my friend is still going on about how Kollisi's pass to Habana was forward a month ago.

I suspect if the bulls play like they did last week, that they should win comfortably. But we have been a bit temperamental lately.

The Bulls basically mail you their game plan with a message underneath saying "Try and stop us."

I definitely think Steyn was still in the air when Ludik took him there...definitely not dangerous as he was nearly to the ground, but its very hard to avoid being turned over if your not even allowed to land.

Coetzee has such brilliant feet...

Latest posts