• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby final: Chiefs - Sharks in Hamilton (04/08/2012)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
SR%20final%20logo.png

Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
Chiefs.png
Versus%20Super.png
Sharks.png

Referee: TBA

first.

go chiefs!

I'd pick:

1, Toby Smith
2, Hika Elliot
3, Tameafuna
4, Clark
5, Retalick
6, Messam
7, Latimer
8, Thomson
9, Barlow
10, Cruden
11, Tiko
12, SBW
13, Horrell
14, Masanga
15, Robinson

16, Sona
17, Mo
18, Fitzgerald
19, Cane
20, Leonard
21, Willison
22, Nanai

You would think that Renee would stick to the same team but he's been making changes every week, sometimes more than a few

Last edited:
Referee = Steve Walsh

he has actually been pretty good this year.

I put all I had on the Chiefs, was not much but 100 percent anyway. Not that I earned it but thanks for the free vcash will always go all in since you do that.

Last edited:
first.

go chiefs!

I'd pick:

1, Toby Smith
2, Hika Elliot
3, Tameafuna
4, Clark
5, Retalick
6, Messam
7, Latimer
8, Thomson
9, Barlow
10, Cruden
11, Tiko
12, SBW
13, Horrell
14, Masanga
15, Robinson

16, Sona
17, Mo
18, Fitzgerald
19, Cane
20, Leonard
21, Willison
22, Nanai

You would think that Renee would stick to the same team but he's been making changes every week, sometimes more than a few

apart from the odd big name in that squad there is no way they should have got this far, shows you what a good coach and a real team effort can achive, good on them

According to the Sharks, Pat Lambie should be back in the match 22. A set of fresh legs should help them out at this point, and could be a game changer.

According to the Sharks, Pat Lambie should be back in the match 22. A set of fresh legs should help them out at this point, and could be a game changer.

I think we will see this:
01 Mtawarira
02 du Plessis
03 du Plessis
04 Alberts
05 Bresler
06 Daniel
07 Coetzee
08 Kankowski

09 McLeod
10 Michalak
11 Mvovo
12 Whitehead
13 Jordaan
14 Pietersen
15 Ludik

16 Burden
17 Chadwick
18 Sykes
19 Deysel
20 Botes
21 Lambie
22 Viljoen

Jordaan to outside centre, JP moves to wing, Ludik to fullback; Viljoen on the bench with Lambie; Ndungane and Bosman drop out of the 22.

Very impressive was the Sharks on the weekend, its going to be a tough one for either side.

Whitehead posted on his Twitter that he is not touring with the squad. Apparently he has a broken hand. In that case, Lambie will take his position and Bosman will be on the bench.

I am so looking forward to this match. Sharks have shown recently that have the game to take on the Chiefs.
Hope they can avoid the "jelly leg" syndrome. Achievements like this makes history if they can beat a strong and rested Chiefs side.

Gooooooooooo Sharkies! after smashing those Capies, you have shown that flying from Australasia and back in less than a week, doesn't stop you from performing...

And that you have to score tries to get to a final...

Anyway... The Sharks' forwards should be able to overpower the Chiefs forwards, and that will be instrumental in stopping SBW and co.

The battles on the field will be epic!

Beast - Tameifuna
Bismarck - Schwalger
Jannie - Taumalolo
Bresler - Retallick
Coetzee - Messam
McLeod - TKW
Freddy - Cruden
Lambie - SBW
JP - Nanai-Williams
Ludik - RR

Ah, any team can win this. I really hope the Sharks win it, but I am afraid the trip east is tougher than the trip west.

I heard it is the other way around, tougher on the mind and body to fly ahead (West) in time = shorter day = less recovery time
Flying East means a much longer day +- 9 hours extra in that day = longer recovery time

Could be wrong but it kinda makes sense

Last edited:
go the chiefs!! but if the sharks win it, they deserve it. they've gone to hell and back to make it to the final

I heard it is the other way around, tougher on the mind and body to fly ahead (West) in time = shorter day = less recovery time
Flying East means a much longer day +- 9 hours extra in that day = longer recovery time

Could be wrong but it kinda makes sense
I's the other way round, flying west gives you a longer day. I'm recovering from a six-hour east-bound jetlag myself at the moment, so I know what I'm talking about.

Imagine travelling is instantaneous, to make it easier. Flying at noon from New York to California would mean that you get there at 9 AM, so you have three more hours to rest.

Last edited:

Latest posts