• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Crusaders vs. Bulls in Christchurch (16/03/2013)

Wow could be the turning point in the crusaders season here. Another try but they seem to have a managed to get an abnormal amount of ball with all their knock ons and stuff. Been a weird first half for me. Bulls do look out on their feet.

The only good thing about the Crusaders continual knocking on was the fact they have dominated at scrum time - it has meant the Bulls have struggled to really take advantage, as they haven't been able to get clean ball from the ensuing scrums.

I'd forgotten the wonders that was getting up and tuning into Super Rugby at breakfast time... oh... half-time. Timing!
I just got back from work in time to see the last 10mins of the half.
Better than BBC Breakfast or whatever :lol:

Ball retention been brilliant by the Saders, justified lead at half time

I just got back from work in time to see the last 10mins of the half.
Better than BBC Breakfast or whatever :lol:

Lucky you. The first 25-30 mins went like this: Crusaders pass...pass..knock-on. Bulls scrum. Bulls kick ball. Crusaders pass...pass..pass.. knock-on. Repeat.

Last edited:
Bonus point try for the Crusaders. Great work by Tom Marshall.

Still a pile of handling errors by the Crusaders, but they are looking very dangerous with ball in hand!

The winger was seeking a intercept leaking that last try

Fruean starting to get his confidence back...

Crusaders manage to butcher another try... if the could catch the ball they would actually be a pretty handy side ;)

Last edited:
Just woke up, and good to see the Saders doing so much better this go round. Still some sloppiness, but looking better on the attack.

Unfortunately, I have no play-by-play commentary, so finding it a bit hard to tell exactly what's happening on some of the penalties and such. Like that last Crusaders' lineout that was reversed and given to the Bulls.

Okay...doesn't really matter - try time again! W00t! :D

das

Just woke up, and good to see the Saders doing so much better this go round. Still some sloppiness, but looking better on the attack.

Unfortunately, I have no play-by-play commentary, so finding it a bit hard to tell exactly what's happening on some of the penalties and such. Like that last Crusaders' lineout that was reversed and given to the Bulls.

Okay...doesn't really matter - try time again! W00t! :D

das

The Crusaders lineout wasn't thrown in straight, so the Bulls got the choice of a scrum or a lineout (most teams opt for the scrum).

Yep another good Crusaders try...

One way traffic. Bulls look so short of invention by comparison.

edit: Is this the first time there's been all four Whitelock brothers on the same pitch? Ridiculous family.

Last edited:

It has taken the Bulls 65 mins to actually try to play some rugby. Previously it has been a combination of soccer and sumo ;)

EDIT: Try Bulls. No surprise it is off a lineout drive...

edit: Is this the first time there's been all four Whitelock brothers on the same pitch? Ridiculous family.

They got on the field once or twice last season too if I remember correctly.

I don't know how old Mother Whitelock is, but I'm surprised they haven't bribed them to have another kid or two. Sporting breeding programs, its the future. Maybe there should be a betting pool on how many players they'll get out of the next generation...

Wow. Killed that opportunity. Thought I was watching England for a moment :p

I don't know how old Mother Whitelock is, but I'm surprised they haven't bribed them to have another kid or two. Sporting breeding programs, its the future. Maybe there should be a betting pool on how many players they'll get out of the next generation...

Wow. Killed that opportunity. Thought I was watching England for a moment :p

Killed it about 3 times... that takes skill ;)

Try now for Heinz.

Game over. 41-19. The Crusaders are back....

Last edited:
The Crusaders lineout wasn't thrown in straight, so the Bulls got the choice of a scrum or a lineout (most teams opt for the scrum).

Yep another good Crusaders try...

Thankies. :) I figured it was for not going in straight.

Good to see the Saders with a decisive win. Now I can go back to sleep. Mebbe. :p

das

Killed it about 3 times... that takes skill ;)

Try now for Heinz.

Pfft. Only three times. Amateurs! And you knew the scrum-half was going for that all day long... don't know why the guard didn't just kill him and take his chances with the support runners.

Congrats to the Crusaders.

Latest posts