• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Crusaders vs. Bulls in Christchurch (16/03/2013)

Similarly built teams. I give the edge tot he Bulls. Unless the Crusaders can get that backline going.

Interesting that you think the bulls to be favorites. With two teams so close I would usually think the home team to be the favorites. But I guess it is down to the Saders not firing on all cylinders yet, but being the saders it would be foolish to bet against them stepping up to the challenge.

Here's to a good match!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting that you think the bulls to be favorites. With two teams so close I would usually think the home team to be the favorites. But I guess it is down to the Saders not firing on all cylinders yet, but being the saders it would be foolish to bet against them stepping up to the challenge.

Here's to a good match!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Homefield advantage generally doesn't mean much here in NZ imo. Save for Eden park - and that's only really for All Blacks games.

This means more in places where big crowds gather.

Travel factor might create a home advantage even if the crowd doesn't, but the Bulls have been here since last week so perhaps it's not applicable here.

Bulls will win by 12, simply because the Crusaders will still be having nightmares of Julian Savea running at them.

Bulls barely beat a Blues team who made 10 changes no way they are going to beat the Saders. Saders by 13 Cheers

Bulls made about the same number of changes, check your facts

About to start now..

The Crusaders desperately need a win, as currently the South Island sides are 0/5.... I'm picking McNicholl to score a couple of tries today, as Ndungane won't be able to handle him ;)

EDIT: 5 Crusaders handing errors in the first 15 mins... hmmm...

EDIT: Make that 7 in 18 mins... this is painful to watch..

Last edited:
What rubbish rugby from the crusaders. Honestly the SA sides are just defending solidly and the NZ teams in general dont have much answer for it. It seems inevitable if the crusaders arent making much ground after a few phases they are going to knock it on.

EDIT: take fruen off thats just ridiculous.

Yep I agree. The Crusaders need to straighten up their attack, and the forwards need to doing a few more pick and goes. Getting closer now...

EDIT: Try Fruean. Much better ball retention there..

Try eventually with that superior ball possession, wonder if they can maintain it, Bulls will hit back I believe

Well worked this try, keeping the ball brilliantly, well deserved

The Bulls have barely had the ball - they will need to get hold of it if they are to hit back.

Another Crusaders try.... this time to Read. The Crusaders look angry!

Jan Serfontein is on, check him out, going to be one of the biggest Boks this decade

Bulls back in it with a couple of quick penalties. Both penalties were very harsh on the Crusaders....

Jan Serfontein is on, check him out, going to be one of the biggest Boks this decade

I have been looking forward to watching him at Super Rugby level - he was quality at U20 level.

EDIT: Try McNicholl :D Another massive build up for the Crusaders... they are doing well when they manage to hold onto the ball. HT 22-9.

Last edited:
Wow could be the turning point in the crusaders season here. Another try but they seem to have a managed to get an abnormal amount of ball with all their knock ons and stuff. Been a weird first half for me. Bulls do look out on their feet.

I'd forgotten the wonders that was getting up and tuning into Super Rugby at breakfast time... oh... half-time. Timing!

Latest posts