• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Crusaders - Hurricanes in Christchurch (30/06/2012)

Can't complain, could have gone either way, at the end of the day great try. It's why we love the canes'!

Can't complain, could have gone either way, at the end of the day great try. It's why we love the canes'!

I can assure you there will be plenty of Crusaders supporters complaining right now ;)
It looked a pretty blatant case of obstruction to me - I thought I was watching NFL there for a second!

EDIT: 10-9 now

Dunno, if you asked them to bet $10,000 on it before they saw the replay I think they'd think twice. All happened to quick to pick up IMO. (but the replay shows it is penalizable)

Great individual try by Guildford.... who says he can't break tackles? ;)

Dunno, if you asked them to bet $10,000 on it before they saw the replay I think they'd think twice. All happened to quick to pick up IMO. (but the replay shows it is penalizable)

I do agree - it wasn't that obvious at first look. I can see why the ref didn't pick it up.

Well worked try for Conrad Smith now....

Last edited:
Every time the Canes play I ask "why didn't I bet on the 50+ points scoreline?". Every game they play turns into a try fest.

That was horrible defending by Barrett and Taylor for the Guildford try, good thing Conrad was there to fix things up afterwards :p.

I've been pleased with the Canes performance though, they deserve the lead imo.

Halftime: 17-16 to the Canes.

Been a good game so far - some great backline play by both teams. The Crusaders are on top at the set pieces: they have dominated at the scrum time, and Coles can't throw the ball in straight to the lineout - the Canes have relied on some good back play to keep in the match. Andre Taylor looks very dangerous, as do Savea and Conrad Smith. The Crusaders look like they could breakout at any stage too.. should be a good second half!

Jeez we need to fix up the setpieces. They've been a mess and it's costing us the game.

EDIT: Bryce is fecking useless. Once a players knee or higher touches the ground the tacklers have to release. Shouldn't be a scrum.

Last edited:
Very messy so far in the second half by the Canes... Crusaders in a good position to make them pay here.

EDIT: Fruean looks angry....

Canes playing a lot better...only 2 points in it now.

Why in the name of god would you replace Andre Taylor with Tusi Pisi in such an important match in the last 10 minutes while the Canes are behind?!

Why in the name of god would you replace Andre Taylor with Tusi Pisi in such an important match in the last 10 minutes while the Canes are behind?!
Bizarre decision I agree - Barrett has been controlling it well from first-five, yet they bring on Pisi and move Barrett to fullback :rolleyes:

Canes take the lead now 23-22 with 6 mins left...

EDIT: difficult kick here for Taylor to re-take the lead...misses it!

Last edited:
We did it!!! Can't believe the Canes pulled that one off, massive win with a bye coming up.

Crusaders probably should have kicked for touch at the end there, I wouldn't trust the Canes to avoid conceding another penalty from there to be honest.

Wow, great win for the Canes. The Crusaders looked to be in control for much of the game, but just couldn't not seem to take advantage of their dominance.

Crockett was the pick of the Crusaders forwards for me - dominant at scrum-time, and all over the field. Sam Whitelock and McCaw looked good too. Zac Guildford was probably the pick of the Crusaders backs, scoring a great individual try.

I was impressed with Jack Lam for the Hurricanes - he just seemed to be everywhere. Brad Shields did some great things too, though he does push the boundaries a bit too much at times. I thought Barrett controlled the game well for the Canes from 10, and made a couple of great runs. I thought Bateman played well, but Conrad Smith was probably the Canes best player - he just makes the right decision every single time! Savea made a couple of errors, but did look very dangerous on the wing. Andrew Taylor showed some moments of brilliance, but I think this game demonstrated well that he isn't quite ready for the AB's yet. Some of his kicking was poor, and he just doesn't get himself involved in the game enough - the potential is certainly there, I just think he need another full season of Super Rugby at fullback to refine his game at fullback...

Latest posts