• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Crusaders - Hurricanes in Christchurch (30/06/2012)

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Super%20Rugby.png

Rugby League Park, Christchurch
Crusaders.png
Versus%20Super.png
Hurricanes.png

Referee: Bryce Lawrence
Referee: Nick Briant
Referee: Kane McBride
Referee: Vinny Munro​

Squads named
HURRICANES: Andre Taylor, Alapati Leiua, Conrad Smith (c), Tim Bateman, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Chris Eaton, Brad Shields, Jack Lam/Karl Lowe, Faifili Levave, Jason Eaton, Jeremy Thrush, Ben May, Dane Coles, Reg Goodes. Reserves: Motu Matu'u, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, James Broadhurst, Karl Lowe/Mark Reddish, Frae Wilson, Tusi Pisi, Jayden Hayward.
CRUSADERS: Sean Maitland, Adam Whitelock, Robbie Fruean, Ryan Crotty, Zac Guildford, Tom Taylor, Andy Ellis, Richie McCaw (c), Matt Todd, George Whitelock, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Ben Franks, Corey Flynn, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Quentin MacDonald, Owen Franks, Tom Donnelly, Luke Whitelock, Willi Heinz, Tyler Bleyendaal, Patrick Osborne.

Icemn or to get the Sharks into the play-offs? Both are pretty great reasons though :D

Is the Crusaders even beatable at this stage of the season. If memory serves me right, they are now about to start peaking

Yeah, the Sharks need the Hurricanes to lose... And I like the Sharks, hopefully the Bulls lose eh Eze?? lol...

I hope the Bulls lose their match next week... Again, for obvious reasons ;)

That Hurricanes forward pack looks weaker without Vito. Crusdaers by 5.

Lol, that Crusaders forward pack looks weaker without Read lol

Hurricanes by 7

The Hurricanes missing TJ Peranara, Victor Vito and Cory Jane. Sadly I don't see them winning, even if the Crusaders don't have Carter and Read. Still think we're in for a shot this game, but it will be mighty difficult and there is no way we'll win this AND the Chiefs game.

OOOOHHHHH Nick!!! NOOO, where's your faith!... I know it's a hard task but hey, no one thought the Rebels were going to defeat the Crusaders either. Anythings possible, it's just a matter of who wants it more.

Largley predictable teams given the injuries. It will be interesting to see how the Hurricanes scrum goes. I'm a big fan of Goodes - luckily for him he is up against Ben rather than Owen Franks! Interested to see how Shields goes at number 8, as he is someone with a huge amount of potential. I do think the Hurricanes backline will struggle to be as effective with Eaton at halfback, though the likes Barrett, Savea, Taylor could all prove very dangerous on the counter-attack. Maitland gets a chance at fullback, while the likes of Guildford, Savea, and Andre Taylor will all want huge games to push their cases for inclusion in the next AB's squad.

I'd have to think the Crusaders will enter this game as big favourites (even without Read and Carter), and I'd predict them to win by 15-20 points.....

I can only see the Canes anywhere near this match if they manage to score a number tries against the run of play. That said if any team is capable of scoring a number of tries against the run of play it's the Canes so I'm not overly confident when I pick the Crusaders by 14.

I'm looking for big games out of Savea and Guildford tonight - I feel after Gear's performance last night (and his strong performance in his one match vs Ireland) these two are competing for a single spot in the AB's Rugby Championship squad (assuming Jane gets back to full fitness soon).

The weather forecast looks good, though I'd imagine it will be very cold again!

Crusaders starting well with Tom Taylor's two penalties.

edit, but heh, that lead didn't last that long. 10-6.

Last edited:
6-3 now. Crusaders looking very dangerous though...

EDIT: Try Canes 10-6 now. Try probably shouldn't have been allowed though, as Savea obstructed two tacklers at the end there!

Last edited:

Latest posts