• Poll closed .

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
The season is almost starting, the hype is becoming real and there are a bunch of teams with hopes of a successful season.

Overall Conference Log
1. Sharks - They have a good team, super fast wingers, four of them world-class, Nkosi, Mapimpi, Mvovo, and the prodigy Aphelele Fassi the guy who saw a Dyanti interception, turned around and chased him down with ease despite the headstart that Dyanti had with the interception. This Sharks team is probably the strongest team on paper of the South African sides, they have lost almost no players, they have consistency and a good blend of experience and youth. The coach has targeted year three as the no excuses year. The Sharks has world-class springboks and World class players such as the du Preez twins and Akker van der Merwe who will be pushing for a Springbok spot in this world cup year.

2. Crusaders - Always there.

3. Hurricanes - Great coaching setup and good players

4. Lions- Probably going to continue their decline this year

6. Highlanders - Side with flair, but can they be considered contenders?

7. Stormers - Good team and young but seems the instability and the strikes have hurt them, might be dark horses

8. Chiefs- good side star but they tend to do great sometimes and bad in other years, I think this will be a below average year by their standards, maybe only because their competition has improved.

9. Jaguares - let's see how they go without Sanchez, can these players step up in a world cup year or will they be anticipating the world cup too much?

10. Waratahs - not a too bad team
11. Brumbies - Was a good team, now an average team

12. Bulls - With Vermeulen and Brits in the team they might be able to beat the Sunwolves this year

13. Rebels - Wessels is a good coach, Australian dark horses

14. Reds - utterly **** team, at the moment,

15. Sunwolves - Even more utterly **** and will be the bonus point factory again this year.

If Leinster played in Super rugby would they be able to crack the top ten is based out of Ireland and traveling to the home ground of each SR team?
My prediction would be the 8th place if they were in the comp.

In the same week as Ireland lost the 'battle of the backstop' in Dublin. You are savage Unrated!

*gets his popcorn and waits for the first Irishman to stumble across the thread*

The season is almost starting, the hype is becoming real and there are a bunch of teams with hopes of a successful season.

Overall Conference Log
1. Sharks - They have a good team, super fast wingers, four of them world-class, Nkosi, Mapimpi, Mvovo, and the prodigy Aphelele Fassi the guy who saw a Dyanti interception, turned around and chased him down with ease despite the headstart that Dyanti had with the interception. This Sharks team is probably the strongest team on paper of the South African sides, they have lost almost no players, they have consistency and a good blend of experience and youth. The coach has targeted year three as the no excuses year. The Sharks has world-class springboks and World class players such as the du Preez twins and Akker van der Merwe who will be pushing for a Springbok spot in this world cup year.

2. Crusaders - Always there.

3. Hurricanes - Great coaching setup and good players

4. Lions- Probably going to continue their decline this year

6. Highlanders - Side with flair, but can they be considered contenders?

7. Stormers - Good team and young but seems the instability and the strikes have hurt them, might be dark horses

8. Chiefs- good side star but they tend to do great sometimes and bad in other years, I think this will be a below average year by their standards, maybe only because their competition has improved.

9. Jaguares - let's see how they go without Sanchez, can these players step up in a world cup year or will they be anticipating the world cup too much?

10. Waratahs - not a too bad team
11. Brumbies - Was a good team, now an average team

12. Bulls - With Vermeulen and Brits in the team they might be able to beat the Sunwolves this year

13. Rebels - Wessels is a good coach, Australian dark horses

14. Reds - utterly **** team, at the moment,

15. Sunwolves - Even more utterly **** and will be the bonus point factory again this year.

If Leinster played in Super rugby would they be able to crack the top ten is based out of Ireland and traveling to the home ground of each SR team?

I agree with most of this but I think the Bulls are placed far too low.

my hearts with the canes.
but as always it starts with the forwards so my head says crusaders

Quick question from the USA here...

I've been watching every game in the Gallagher Premiership and the Guinness Pro14. As a relatively new fan, what kinds of differences should I expect between NH and SH styles?

I think I've become sufficiently adept at understanding what I'm watching, but I figured it'd be helpful to hear from lifelong SH fans what kinds of things I should keep my eye on...

Thanks as always,

-Dave

The only one who could really tell you what the differences are is someone who watched a lot of NH and a lot of SH rugby (which I don't).

I gather SR is considered more expansive for the most part with more tries; referees to to favour the attacking teams, the weather is often better with flatter/drier pitches and all the NZ teams play very attacking brands (and tend to be dominant with them). K

South African styles tend to be more brutal and forward dominant but that's not a hard and fast rule.

Thanks, SomeOke, very interesting. I can't wait for Friday!

Cough, splutter, anger, HOW DARE YOU? TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!! ;)

In all honesty I don't know, if we weren't based in Dublin we'd struggle, I think we'd win all our hone games and a decent chunk of our away games if we got to play our hone games in Dublin (preferably a version of Dublin based somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere). To be honest we haven't been convincing outside Dublin this year though and travelling around all over the place wouldn't help.

All a bit pointless in the end because most people (including me) don't watch enough of both hemispheres to know, and even then it's all just conjecture with no actual hard evidence to back it up. Fun discussion though. :D:D:D

my hearts with the canes.
but as always it starts with the forwards so my head says crusaders

It's going to be a long provincial season mate. Part of me just wants to fast forward to the tests and the World Cup already.

Highlanders all the way! :)

Speaking of which, is there some reason the Highlanders have gotten the Friday games three weeks in a row? Just curious... :)

Latest posts