• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should this accusation threaten a mans career?

truthteller

Academy Player

Should this ruin his reputation and destroy his career?

Joe Biden: Second woman accuses ex-VP of unwanted touching

• 7 hours ago
Related Topics
_106251499_053034360.jpg
Image copyrightAFP/GETTY
Image captionJoe Biden served as Barack Obama's vice-president from 2009-17
A second woman has accused former US Vice-President Joe Biden of inappropriate touching, as the leading Democrat mulls a White House bid.

Amy Lappos said Mr Biden had touched her face with both hands and rubbed noses with her a decade ago.

The allegation comes after another women, Lucy Flores, said Mr Biden kissed her on the back of her head at a campaign event.

Mr Biden has said he did not believe he has ever acted inappropriately.

The former Delaware senator, who served as Barack Obama's vice-president in 2009-17, is seen as a possible frontrunner in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

What do his accusers say?
Ms Lappos, a 43-year-old former aide to a Democratic congressman, said Mr Biden touched her inappropriately at a fundraiser in a private home in Hartford, Connecticut, in 2009.

She told the Hartford Courant the then vice-president entered the kitchen to thank a group of aides, before wrapping both hands around Ms Lappos' face and pulling her in to rub noses with her.

Ms Lappos called on Mr Biden not to run for the White House, saying: "Uninvited affection is not okay. Objectifying women is not okay."

Ms Flores' allegations first appeared on Friday in an article she wrote for The Cut magazine.

Why is this not in the political thread?

Its two women now https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47781740

Short answer no.

Slightly longer Trump did far worse and is seemingly immune so no.

Long answer Biden does not deny the accusations against him just outright he didn't think he acted in an appropriate way. However whether he thinks he did or didn't a persons body if their own and you should only make physical contact with permission, this does not have to be verbal and people who have known each other have longstanding relationships of implied agreement. Simple example it is not inappropriate for me to feel my wife up without her express permission.

His statement is perfectly fine in these cases IMO unless he accused of something far worse.
Asked about the new allegation, a spokesman for Mr Biden referred reporters to a statement he issued on Sunday.

"In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once - never - did I believe I acted inappropriately," it read.

"But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will," he added.
This is in the low end of the scale so there doesn't need to be a witch hunt its merely big news because it involves a former vice president. Right Wing press will use it as'your side is just as bad', but then this guy wasn't bragging about committing sexual assault.....but I suspect many will try to tell me its the same thing.

Ultimately this will blow over in a couple of days.

Biden's an odd bloke

If you don't want to watch the whole video; 2:20 is particularly bad.

Yeh
If he was a Republican it wouldn't matter as their voters won't care, as shown by Trump.
BUT being on the left this stuff can hurt his chances. (And TBH it should do, like I get being warm and open but come on your the VP, why wasn't his team noticing it and correcting him?)

no one will beat trump

Bernie will IMO.

Certainly in my eyes has the best chance of winning the Blue collar workers in key swing states whilst keeping the rest of the left votes than others will.

Last edited:

Latest posts