Subs:

16. Craig Burden

17. BJ Botha

18. Albert van den Berg

19. Steven Sykes

20. Epi Taione

21. Rory Kockott

22. Frederic Michalak

AJ Venter to start at 4 for this match, not his favourite or best position IMO (he did get a few Bok caps there however) but it's good to see him back, regardless of where he plays.

Epi Taione has finished his spell in Japan for the season and is expected to get his 1st Super Rugby cap, I'm guessing he'll come in as a loose forward although he played outside centre for Tonga in the WC 2007.

Muir isn't trying to fix what isn't broken, and is keeping the Daniel/Botes flank pairing, they've been a lethal combo so far.

Steven Sykes has finally got a spot on the bench, I rate him highly, and hope he gets some game time.

I'm confident of a victory against the Reds

Sharks by +13

With Ben Lucas in for Cordingley the Reds have 3 fly-halves on the field in Barnes, Cooper and now Lucas. That'll certainly make for interesting watching at least.

Hard to see the Sharks losing this one, but stranger things have happened.

Anyway, Epi Taione is a good utility for the Sharks...can be used either in the forwards or backs.

Sharks by 15.

I think if the Sharks are to finish in the top 2 they need to start getting some bonus point victories. I can see them winning this one by 20 points atleast, but they have had quite a few of the weakest teams so far and have played alot at home so need to maximise these oppurtunities.

Very tight game in the end. Some great play and some poor play from both sides. I'm gonna come out and say maybe the Sharks didn't deserve the win. If a few very poor decisions had gone the Reds way they might have had the win. At the very least the deserved a bonus point. Oz and Nz Refs biased against Sa? Hardly.

Seems like the Reds have really pulled their socks up in the last few weeks. After being hammered by the Brumbies away and Stormers at home they've put in a couple of much improved showings. Maybe they should have given Cordingly the captains armband earlier. <_<

Have the Sharks played in a good game yet? I'm struggling to think of one... At home a team should muster a bunch of Bonus Points, I don't think the Sharks have got any(?)

They've got 1 so far.

In truth I'm a little worried at the way the sharks have been winning all these home matches so far, none of them have been emphatic at all.

We'll see how the tour goes for them, but I've a feeling if they don't get their act together they might face a hiding from the seemingly unbeatable Saders at home.

Terrible match.

The Sharks need to stop talking about playing better in the 'next game' or there won't be many 'next games' left!

No player really stood out and our defense is not up to scratch. The only player that tackled properly is Michalak! Why can't all the other players tackle by the legs as well.
I'm sure we had like 25-30 missed tackles.

i wouldnt say the sharks defense is not up to scratch...

they only let in 1 try a game.. and the first half they defended well considering the amount of possesion the reds had.

the sharks never had momentum on attack...

steyn should not be 10...

[/b]
Well....duh!!! Steyn to fullback and Terblanche to wing for Ngungane. Daniels once again had a stellar game Kankowski wasbelow his best. Michalak is a trophy at best. Waste of time and money. If Murray's out for any time he could be a loss. On the Reds' side, Lucas was on fire as was Croft, irrespective of the try. Horwill is doing some great work whenever he's not giving away penalties. Lucas, Cooper, Barnes could be a winning combination. Latham is just Latham. Turinui did some nice things against the Sarks but should come under pressure from Siale, Hynes and Ione next week.

Turinui was responsible for the second Sharks try. It was a nice move, all the credit to the Sharks, but a meth addicted ape would be far superior defensively.

i wouldnt say the sharks defense is not up to scratch...

they only let in 1 try a game.. and the first half they defended well considering the amount of possesion the reds had.

the sharks never had momentum on attack...

[/b]
I don't think the Reds are a good indicator of a testing attacking team.

The Sharks missed so many tackles and the Reds had so much of the ball in our half, and they only got one try?

Latest posts