• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ShaheenJ's Kit Mod Thread

Looks good Shaheen, it just needs the right template for the collar, or alternatively, if you use a layer in photoshop (copy the template as a new image) you can cut out the shape you want to be transparent around the collar. Also, the logos are blurry. We now make only HD kits which has perfect resolution.. so no more blurry stretched logos.

To make a HD kit, just double the size of the template to 1024x1024 and the kitback to 512x512. Reduce the window down to 50% so it looks the same as it usually would and just add the more high-res logos and you will notice a huge difference.

Welcome to the forum, and very good effort for a 1st try. You can get them much, much sharper, that is all i can see that is 'wrong'. See my main thread, erics or gunners threads and you will see them how they can be. It is no extra work, and is much nicer to make kits this way.

thanx for the feedback.... i know what u mean about the logos that a smudging a bit. i just came across a thought.... perhaps i should make the kit in illustrator coz its vector based gfx. gonna give that a shot too. for the next version i'm gonna use the method suggested by increasing the template size.

i have now started with the HD version of my kit. the only problem i have now is that i can't seem to get the transparent area around the collar. how do i set the transparency? or should i save the kit as .png and then use that to import the .big file?

here's a preview of what i've done thus far.....

that is much nicer man well done i think the lighter bits are a bit too bright but there nice :).

if i knew something about photoshop i would try and help you but unfortunatley im not that artistic.

.. i found that if you make a new image of the kit (so it's all 1 layer) then you can cut out the collar shape from it and it looks perfect, if you do it right. This works on all collars, although looks better for some than others. Take for example, Romania's kit.. it has a hexagon shape collar. You can just this cut it out in a new layer (assuming you have the right collar config) and it will look better. Not sure how it works well for CCC, but it's more that you'd be doing it wrong. Also, you must save as a file that supports transparency, so don't save as jpeg, jpg, bmp, gif (never tried but might work).. always use png or psd, or if you use paintshoppro, i think psp might also work.

thanx u guys for guiding me to the collar transparency thing ;). i've completed the front and now doing the backs (what a tedious process ~sigh). will have the full kit uploaded later this evening.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uli85 @ Sep 28 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Save the image as PNG and import it to the "kit.fsh" file with FshEd and then import that file to the big file with BigGui[/b]

you guys really need to download dolffin it lets you import images straight to the fsh thats inside the big files, its much faster
trfbiggd1.jpg

you can get it on this page

I've finished the springbok kit - geez doing backs takes forever. Anyways, you can download it here. Enjoy, and as always feedback is most welcome. RWC version and away kits to follow soon ;).

ShaheenJ, if you have photoshop, save the kitbacks as psd.. use fshED with the photoshop plug in and it's a lot quicker. Although, you have to rename the subfiles with different names or it wont work though. If you have an email, i'll send you the file you need. You can just use this kitback file for all your kitbacks.

thanx fa'atau, that'll help a lot ;). email: [email protected].

Since I'm a fan of Japan and its culture etc. I had to make a kit for the japanese. I like the away kit a lot. and here's a preview.

And here's the springbok away kit. I kinda made my own thing here... Coz I'm not sure if its plain white, but oh well I kinda like the green plastic'ish stuff on the chest and sleeves.

Lately I've been occupied with making the Currie Cup kits for the five major provinces, WP, Lions, Blue Bulls, Natal Sharks and Free State Cheetahs, will do the minor unions, Boland, Valke and Griquas Later.

WESTERN PROVINCE

Download Link [Megaupload]

NATAL SHARKS
Home

Away

LIONS
Home

Away

FREE STATE CHEETAHS
Home

Away

BLUE BULLS

Looking really good. These can go in Sanzar mod. Make as many South African teams as you like, to make sanzar mod i will need all 8 teams plus 4 from div 1 to replace Guinness Premiership. I am doing Air New Zealand kits but these kits are a mod quality and if you wanna do some be my guest, just ask me first as i have done some and there is no need to repeat. I did do Western Province, not sure if you edited it, it looks similar.

Latest posts