• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotlands Squad for the opening fixture against France

G

getofmeland

Head coach Frank Hadden has today named the following 23 players from which the team to play France in Sunday's opening match of the RBS 6 Nations Championship at Murrayfield will be selected.

Hadden has opted for 23 players rather than his usual 24 at this stage as he wishes an additional back to be involved with Scotland A as they prepare for their match with Italy A away on Sunday.

The Scotland players gathered today and only captain Jason White did not train. Scotland team doctor James Robson said: "Jason took a bang on his leg playing for his club on Friday night. It's a similar injury to that which he sustained before the World Cup and it took two to three days to settle on that occasion and we're anticipating the same sort of timescale this time."

The Scotland team (sponsor Murray) to play France will be announced at 10am on Wednesday.

Scotland squad v France in the RBS 6 Nations Championship on Sunday 3 February, kick-off 3pm:

John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), Mike Blair (Edinburgh, Kelly Brown (Glasgow Warriors), Dave Callam (Edinburgh), Chris Cusiter (Perpignan), Nick De Luca and Ross Ford (both Edinburgh), Jim Hamilton (Leicester Tigers), Andrew Henderson (Glasgow Warriors), Nathan Hines (Perpignan), Allister Hogg, Allan Jacobsen and Gavin Kerr (all Edinburgh), Rory Lamont (Sale Sharks), Scott MacLeod (Llanelli Scarlets), Euan Murray (Northampton Saints), Dan Parks (Glasgow Warriors), Chris Paterson (Gloucester), Hugo Southwell (Edinburgh), Fergus Thomson (Glasgow Warriors), Nikki Walker (Ospreys), Simon Webster (Edinburgh), Jason White (Sale Sharks).

RBS Six Nations Press Release

desperate for Sunday now - to think a few weeks ago I wasnt atall excited about the 6 Nations :eek:

Disapointed that neither Jonnie Beattie or Moray Low are in the squad, but im sure both will get a chance to prove their worth at some point in the championships.

France will be a somewhat unkown quantity, but if we can hit the ground running like we did 2 years ago then maybe, just maybe, we could mount a challenge on the ***le? All I know for sure is this is set to be one of the most open tournaments in years and that I dont intend to have a voice come monday!

What a joke, Beattie should have been in for sure, the likes of Kerr and Thomson shouldnt be in in my opinion.Also i would swap Lawson for Cusiter, but in general its not looking to bad.

Latest posts