• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scarlets vs Glasgow

S

Sir Speedy

Venue: Stradey Park

Time: Tonight 19:00 BBC2 Wales

Teams:

Llanelli Scarlets: 15 M Stoddart, 14 D James, 13 R King, 12 G Evans, 11 M Watkins, 10 R Priestland, 9 G Cattle; 1 I Thomas, 2 M Schwalger, 3 D Manu, 4 V Cooper, 5 L Reed, 6 D Jones, 7 N Thomas, 8 J Bater (Capt)

Replacements: P John, D George, D Day, S Easterby, L Davies, C Thomas, D Daniel

Glasgow Warriors: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Graeme Morrison, 12 Daryl Gibson, 11 Hefin O'Hare, 10 Colin Gregor, 9 Sam Pinder, 8 John Beattie, 7 Calum Forrester, 6 Stevie Swindall, 5 Alastair Kellock ©, 4 Andy Newman, 3 Moray Low, 2 Fergus Thomson, 1 Justin Va'a

Replacements: 16 Eric Milligan, 17 Ed Kalman, 18 Dan Turner, 19 James Eddie, 20 Ruaridh Jackson, 21 Scott Barrow, 22 Max Evans.

Both sides tonight suffered European home losses in their last games, Llanelli humiliated by Clermont, and Glasgow losing narrowly to Saracens. In the last four encounters, the home side has won the match. Llanelli haven't lost at home since April last year, while Glasgow haven't won a game since November in this tournament. M Schwalger gets his first start for Llanelli after coming on as a replacement against Clermont Auvergne while the side has no Welsh internationals released from the Six Nations squad; althouh Simon Easterby sits on the bench for this one.
Thoughts and predictions? Llanelli by 15pts.

i think (hope) it'll be closer than that. Altough Glasgow's away form is poor, a lot of the players playing are good players, who have been sidelined for many reasons. They will be trying to impress Lineen in hope of keeping the position when all the internationalists come back.

Well it finished 30-7 to the Scarlets and my predictation was badly wrong with my predictation

Well, we were terrible, but Regan King once again showed his class. We could have won that game by fifty points if we'd had a decent goalkicker playing, but we got the bonus point, and that's all that matters.

Didn't see the game but nice to see that The Scarlets took the points B) This league is still there to be won if they can just step up a gear.

There were a couple of good tries and Regan showed his class once again, however, the defence on both sides was awful.

Another frustrating evening to be a Scottish Rugby supporter. Didnt see the game, but from what ive heard Scarlets fully deserved the points.

But can someone please, please tell me why Glasgow cant score tries? From memory, we managed 1 Bonus point this season, and scored 3 tries in 3 other games, but other than that we have failled to score more than one! This is something Lineen needs to sort before we can even contemplate any form of success!

On the plus side, we have managed to offload one under-performing summer signing in the form of Chris O'Young. I just hope the " very interesting options" turn out to be better performers than their predecessors!

Latest posts