• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa vs Tonga

S

St Helens RLFC

What a game that was, and I am shocked that nobody else beat me to starting a thread about this. It was the best game of the competition to date (they've all been good games, save Australia vs Kiwis) and was a really passionate game.

Sure, there wasn't much quality on show but there was some big defence and its what rugby league is all about. The Samoans must now beat Ireland to progress. Interestingly enough though anyone can still go through in this group as nobody has run away with any of the games.

Meh I watched it on a stream on the internet but I was mainly listening to the commentary and watching it on and off.

So that means Tongo are out of the world cup even if Ireland beat Samoa apparantly.

The TongAns (I screwed up, typo corrected!) win over Ireland was so small that it has barely registered. They're as good as out. What I can't get my head round is how Leo Latu looks like a world beater when he's seen by many as being the worst player in Super League, me included!

Nice game, nice actions from both sides.
For some odd reason I was supporting Tonga but both teams brought beautifull rugby, especially that try where that Samoan player ran from the one side to the other.

Awesome game, glad it lived up to the hype. Shame their had to be a loser but bad luck Tonga, the day was ours. Loved the Pre game and the ending with all the supporters taking the field and swamping the camera krew lol. Bring on the Irish!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSY3cNYF4yo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSY3cNYF4yo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
In case some of you didn't get to see the War Dances. This was seriously intense.
I've really enjoyed the RLWC. It's been great.

Yeah I recored the summary from tele cause it was so nice to see.
An awesome activity to spend a lazy sunday morning :D

Thanks for that. Well i guess that Samoa gain revenge of some sorts for knocking out Tonga. Everyone hypes about the Manu Samoa of course, but you'll probably find that Samoa achieve more in the RLWC than the RWC even though it is the 2nd code by far in Samoa. I think RL is better for Samoa. It's more like sevens IMHO, where they can just thump the crap out of everyone and play their running rugby as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 4 2008, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for that. Well i guess that Samoa gain revenge of some sorts for knocking out Tonga. Everyone hypes about the Manu Samoa of course, but you'll probably find that Samoa achieve more in the RLWC than the RWC even though it is the 2nd code by far in Samoa. I think RL is better for Samoa. It's more like sevens IMHO, where they can just thump the crap out of everyone and play their running rugby as well.[/b]

Hate to agree , but yes I think samoans would be more suited to league than union. The technical aspects of union like the set pieces where the samoans struggle in the 15s arnt too present in league and if they concentrated on it rather than union, they would surely be world beaters.

Well, they seem to be doing ok as they are in RL, i think i heard somewhere though that a lot of these players will now go and play for New Zealand. The rules are different for RL regarding eligiblilty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 4 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, they seem to be doing ok as they are in RL, i think i heard somewhere though that a lot of these players will now go and play for New Zealand. The rules are different for RL regarding eligiblilty.[/b]

Yeah , like Nigel Vagana playing for Samoa after playing for NZ some years ago... :eek:

Both in Union as in League. they play really well, but I have to agree that their style of bringing the game is more explosive in RL.
I even have most of their games of WRC 2007, just awesome