• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Italy vs Uruguay (20/09/2023)

He dropped it it appears. No try
The ball leaves his hand whilst he is movinf forward but his forearm reconnects with the ball just before it hits the ground. That was so lucky. I don't think I've seen that before. He probably couldn't do it again if he tried.

To me, that was a big game, and I'll explain why:
1. Italy showed that they are a good side (some thought that there would be an upset), this side are maturing and I think by 2027 will be a good bet for a quarter final place if not more (depends on the draw).
2. Uruguay producing a performance Italy probably would have in the past, a solid 40 minutes but faded away through fitness. This showed though where World Rugby should be focusing, in 2027 they could be matching the top teams for 60 to 70 minutes.
3. The elephant in the room; the USA, world rugby will need to invest here with the world cup in 2031, but maybe this is the wrong way to go.

Missed the last 20 but really enjoyed this yesterday. The South American minnows and Portugal have been a breath of fresh air.

Credit where it's due, I thought Gardner was outstanding. Some of you will know how tough that is for me to say.

Anyone else think Capuozzo doesn't seem the same since his injury?

Enjoyable game to watch. A game of two halves. Uruguay have so much heart, and it's great to see. Italy did well in the second half.

Latest posts