Rugby World Cup betting thread

Game Face

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Better late than never.

Come on folks, share your tips, insight & bets.

- - - Updated - - -

I've backed both AUS & NZ outright winners and backed both of them in the 'name the finalists' market

Better late than never.

Come on folks, share your tips, insight & bets.

- - - Updated - - -

I've backed both AUS & NZ outright winners and backed both of them in the 'name the finalists' market

These were my bets before the cup started:

OZ to win their pool @ $3
Tournament winner (with NZ removed): OZ, Ireland, Argentina at $6, $6, & $22 respectively.
Tournament winner - Southern Hemisphere team @ $1.4
& Nehe Milner Skudder top try scorer @ $15

So far so good actually.

Tournament winner (with NZ removed): OZ, Ireland, Argentina at $6, $6, & $22 respectively.

So far so good actually.

Very nice, you must be well up

Very nice, you must be well up
Well just the one tournament bet cahsed in with the OZ group win.

Otherwise I'm probabloy down overall due to backing the ABs in pool play.

That being said, if the ABs can make the final I will end up with a postive return for the tournament (assuming Scotland doesnt cause a massive upset!).

Overall I'm still backing the ABs to win the whole thing, but IMO the odds on them doing it are not worth putting money on them. Also I dont think I could handle the double blow if we both lost the RWC and I lost all my money ;)

What have you got going mate?

The handicaps I like for next weekend

Wales +9
NZ -10
Arg +6
AUS -15

Will pay about $15 in an accumulator

- - - Updated - - -

Well just the one tournament bet cahsed in with the OZ group win.

Otherwise I'm probabloy down overall due to backing the ABs in pool play.

That being said, if the ABs can make the final I will end up with a postive return for the tournament (assuming Scotland doesnt cause a massive upset!).

Overall I'm still backing the ABs to win the whole thing, but IMO the odds on them doing it are not worth putting money on them. Also I dont think I could handle the double blow if we both lost the RWC and I lost all my money ;)

What have you got going mate?

Nice, fair enough :D, I've backed both OZ & NZ to win outright and backed them to play each other in the final.

The handicaps I like for next weekend

Wales +9
NZ -10
Arg +6
AUS -15

Will pay about $15 in an accumulator

I can't play accumulators anymore - well, not with a stake of anything meaningful. I've gone through 4 bookies now and they have all put pretty massive limits on what I can bet (or banned me all together). It's a real pain.

Yeah I havent capped any of those individual games yet. Off the top of my head I'd probably go with what you have got although 15 is quite a lot for OZ to cover as is 9 for SA, and that Arg/Ireland game will depend a lot on injuries. The big upsaet I would back if anything would be Wales over SA - I'm not convinced about SA yet.

I can't play accumulators anymore - well, not with a stake of anything meaningful. I've gone through 4 bookies now and they have all put pretty massive limits on what I can bet (or banned me all together). It's a real pain.

Yeah I havent capped any of those individual games yet. Off the top of my head I'd probably go with what you have got although 15 is quite a lot for OZ to cover as is 9 for SA, and that Arg/Ireland game will depend a lot on injuries. The big upsaet I would back if anything would be Wales over SA - I'm not convinced about SA yet.

Wow that's a bummer, hate when the bookies do that.

I'm saying Wales +9 so I'm agreeing with you about SA not looking convincing, reckon Wales could surprise them.

Just a quick one from the past. I like to bet as few quid on upsets and had a fiver on Japan to beat SA. Was a very good day as Japan were 66/1. I think the bookies overestimated the gap between countries to be honest.

Just a quick one from the past. I like to bet as few quid on upsets and had a fiver on Japan to beat SA. Was a very good day as Japan were 66/1. I think the bookies overestimated the gap between countries to be honest.

At the last two (possibly three) World Cups, backing the underdogs on the handicap in the early rounds has been free money. Does anyone know how many upsets on the outright there have been. Obviously Japan beating SA was the biggest. I did make a few quid on Argentina beating Ireland (and lost most of it back the next week as they were overpriced again IMO). Other than that you've got England vs Wales (and Australia?), Romania beating Canada must have been odds against and probably Georgia beating Tonga. Any others?

Interesting thread.
Im still kicking myself for not betting the argentina ireland game.

Interesting thread.
Im still kicking myself for not betting the argentina ireland game.

I'm kicking myself for putting part of my stake on the handicap as well as the outright. I certainly wasn't predicting the blow out that happened, but with SO'B out, the price on Argentina was far to long to me.

My kicking myself non-bet was Wales to beat England at close to 3/1 (again, far too long). I even took money out of the hole in the wall to bet the next day, but walked a different way to the pub the next day than usual and forgot to put the bet on!

No smugging intended on my part - I haven't had many bets, but I'm down for the tournament.

- Top try scorers Kriel, Kuridrani and Ben Smith e/w. All vague value bets, I don't like the idea of backing front runners in such a big field.
- England vs Fiji, overs on points. I even checked the weather forecast, so was surprised and a bit annoyed to see the rain pouring down during the anthems.
- Australia vs Fiji. Looked good at half time with Fiji on the back of a short turnaround, not sure what went wrong in the second half.
- Argentina to beat handicap vs Ireland - winner!
- Argentina to beat Ireland - winner!
- New Zealand to win both halves vs SA. Robbed by a reversed penalty.
- New Zealand vs South Africa, over 43.5 points - winner!

So far so good actually.

Just looked in my William Hill account and All my bets cashed in. Apparently I took NMS each way and cause he scored today he went outright second. Not quite $15 but sill 2.5 x my money invested. Add that to OZ tournament win (without NZ), OZ in the pool stage, and SH team to win the Cup, very profitable tournament in the end!!

I bet the NZ guy who placed $150k on All Blacks to not win the RWC is feeling a little bit ill today.

I bet the NZ guy who placed $150k on All Blacks to not win the RWC is feeling a little bit ill today.
Haha, yes I forgot about him! In contrast to the dude who put down 400k who is probably feeling pretty good!

Just a suggestion but im using this website to bet on the rugby https://betfect.com/ , which allows us to copy and share each others bets which is a lot easier than just telling each other, couple of good bettors making bets id never have thought of doing

Latest posts