Rugby Teams/Country's Best XV

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
not sure if anyone read my other post but please help me, i making a roster on Rugby 08 with the teams best XV and i dont know too many teams best XV

so i'd ask you please help what you think is your country's or teams best ever XV possible. you can pick players who plays now and players who use to play for your club/country.

thanks guys i want to get this started soon

I'd like to help you Scotty, but I don't have the accurate knowledge to give you a proper All-Time best French XV. I mostly focus on contemporary Rugby right now, that's what I'm interested in. It would require having watched a large number of full games from each era, and multiple games from each individual player. I can make you a caricature/stereotype French XV if you really need it, the most commonly accepted greats by position.

better than nothing ewis like im not looking for it to be exactly correct just a rough idea

EDIT: Serge Blanco will clearly be your 15 no question about it maybe Philippe Saint-André as one off the wingers, maybe Christophe Lamaison at center ? and Pelous in the second row

Last edited:
will concoct something up for you, I don't think tonight though man. Yeah, Blanco's the fullback surely, Lamaison possibly at 10...

Come on guys, help out our Scottish Scotty here !! Heck, if anything it's fun to review some of your country's history and make a quick XV, come on just a little hand.

not just country aswell ewis it says country and a team if you want. but i understand this isn't easy i can't even think off one for scotland but this is what i've got atm

4. Gordon Brown
5. Nathan Hines
6. John Jeffrey
9. Roy Laidlaw
10. Ian McGeechan
11. Tony Stanger
13. Scott Hastings
14. Iwan Tukalo
15. Gavin Hastings

and 2000 posts! yas!

congratulations Scotty. You may now update your signature. I allow it...

np anyway can we get back onto topic ? what about Lionel Nallet ?

he may be one of the two locks yes. I'll make a list later dude, can't be bothered right now...hmmmm, oh well, 'aller', lemme get me a nice mp3 playlist and go around the web then...

trying to think off a good hooker there is William Servat but im not sure what Seb Bruno is like, and for a prop i think Sylvain Marconnet or Pieter de Villiers, and would Chabal be the number 8 ?

1. Gérard Cholley
2. William Servat
3. Nicolas Mas
4. Lionel Nallet
5. Pelous
6. Betsen/Rives
7. Thierry Dusautoir
8. Imanol Harinordoquy
9. Fabien Galthié
10. Christophe "***ou" Lamaison
11. Philippe Saint-André
12. Yannick Jauzion
13. Philippe Sella
14. Vincent Clerc
15. Serge Blanco

A fair attempt. Read up a lot just now, but I have absolutely no claim this is a perfectly weighed in, founded XV. But it's not awful. Every choice in there is at least defensible.
Hope I don't get struck on my fingertips with a ruler too hard by some of the old timers on here :D

Hope this helps Scotty, and damn you. Damn you for making me do this.

EDIT: good picks up there Scotty, clever choices.

Last edited:
thanks man, a rough idea is all i wanted. hope that i can get help from other people too

thanks man, a rough idea is all i wanted. hope that i can get help from other people too

oh, yes. They're all typing their XV's up as we speak, we can't see em yet, but I'm sure they'll all pop up at once, all zero of em...^_^

any minute now.......AH, WHAT WAS THAT ??!!!!! oh....no, just nothing...my bad.

btw ewis if your board then you can always do the Toulouse XV ?

haha, thank you for being in your thoughts like this but I've got to try and sleeeeeeep, (but my body won't let me). See ya later Scotty.

Springboks (keep in mind I haven't seen a few of these guys play, but they are legends of the game in SA)

1 Os du Randt
2 John Smit (this was a tough one, Uli Schmidt is according to my dad the best hooker ever, and Bismarck right now is a monster but Smit was so reliable and consistent for so long)
3 Hannes Marais
4 Frik du Preez
5 Victor Matfield
6 Jan Ellis (oddly enough wore #7 for the Boks but played openside while Piet Greyling playing blindside, I know I'll get some flak for not picking Pienaar)
7 Andre Venter (blindside flank in SA)
8 Morne du Plessis
9 Joost van der Westhuizen
10 Naas Botha
11 Bryan Habana
12 Jean de Villiers
13 Danie Gerber
14 Ray Mordt
15 Andre Joubert

Latest posts