• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby players and cannabis

jomjom

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of renowned rugby union players that smoke weed? I imagine someone admitting to it might be frowned upon by their staff/sponsors or whatever, but there must be someone that does...

Any guesses? From the Ireland squad, I can't think of anyone who might seem partial to the occasional bit of reefer, except MAYBE Henshaw based simply off the fact that he's young and he comes from Galway, a hippy town.

Unfortunately, out of all the people I know who play sport, only one of them plays rugby. He likes to party and is of fond smoking weed (and other things!), but outside of working he mainly devotes most of his free time to exercising and rugby. I imagine being a professional rugby player, there's not much desire to dabble in drugs or drinking too much. But I could be wrong, hence why I ask.

Lol! Galway is a bit bohemian but if you want to get high go to Dublin!

If they could get away with it I know almost all would be at it, its detectable for too long though. From what I've heard and seen rugby players are more partial to cocaine because its out of your system after 12 hours!

Weed is an easy thing to simply avoid if you have to.

If they could get away with it I know almost all would be at it, its detectable for too long though. From what I've heard and seen rugby players are more partial to cocaine because its out of your system after 12 hours!

Class A, it's ok!

Caucau is the first name that comes to mind. Also, I believe that cannabis is one of the cocktail that Matt Stevens was banned for.

Latest posts