• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Live 3 Fan Hub Community Creations Requests

davsav93

Academy Player
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in creating certain rugby union players on the Rugby League Live 3 Fan Hub on Steam. I wanted to make All Blacks and Wallabies players like Dan Carter, Sonny Bill, Julian Savea and Israel Folau and then try and narrow it down into two 13 man lineups, respectively. Any union fans interested in this idea?

Yeah, downloaded the fan hub and had a go. Fancy giving George North a shot? I'll do one and we can compare ;)

Once I can get the FanHub going again I'll give it a go but I have not been doing great so far. Check out "Nezzo"/"Nezza" (user) creations. Some of his are very good.

"All Blacks" 13:

1. Ben Smith (15)
2. Cory Jane (14)
3. Ma'a Nonu (13)
4. Sonny Bill Williams (12)
5. Julian Savea (11)
6. Dan Carter (10) [DC in '05 would have been a very good league player]
7. Aaron Smith (9)
8. Owen Franks (3)
9. Dane Coles (2)
10. Tony Woodcock (1)
11. Brodie Retallick (4)
12. Jerome Kaino (6)
13. Kieran Read (8)

In squad: Israel Dagg, Charles Piutau, Conrad Smith, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Hosea Gear, Rene Ranger, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett, Colin Slade, TJ Perenara, Charlie Faumuina, Keven Mealamu, Sam Whitelock (5), Liam Messam, Victor Vito

and last but not least, Sir Richie (7)... who I was tempted to have as starting 13 but I figure no rucks in league so no Richie starting (in all seriousness I am aware of his all round rugby prestige... in fact having to add that as some sort of trivial disclaimer seems rather stupid but who cares)

Last edited:
"All Blacks" 13:

1. Ben Smith (15)
2. Cory Jane (14)
3. Ma'a Nonu (13)
4. Sonny Bill Williams (12)
5. Julian Savea (11)
6. Dan Carter (10)
7. Aaron Smith (9)
8. Owen Franks (3)
9. Dane Coles (2)
10. Tony Woodcock (1)
11. Brodie Retallick (4)
12. Jerome Kaino (6)
13. Kieran Read (8)

In squad: Israel Dagg, Charles Piutau, Conrad Smith, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Hosea Gear, Rene Ranger, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett, Colin Slade, TJ Perenara, Charlie Faumuina, Keven Mealamu, Sam Whitelock (5), Liam Messam, Victor Vito

and last but not least, Sir Richie (7)... who I was tempted to have as starting 13 but I figure no rucks in league so no Richie starting (in all seriousness I am aware of his all round rugby prestige... in fact having to add that as some sort of trivial disclaimer seems rather stupid but who cares)

I don't get the concept here man. Is this the team you would pick for a league team? If so you're way off with these players and those positions, I mean Dane Coles as a league hooker? Owen franks and woodcock playing league altogether? Smith at halfback? Sbw in the centres when he's a straight up 2nd rower? Maybe I'm just to much of a stoner.

Yeah the forwards I was uncertain just given by the difference in union forwards and league forwards when it comes down to technicalities. as for the backs though i dont see why smith and sbw are issues. though be honest, I barely ever watch rugby league by which i mean i probably only watch NRL and world cup playoffs and state of origin.

Yeah the forwards I was uncertain just given by the difference in union forwards and league forwards when it comes down to technicalities. as for the backs though i dont see why smith and sbw are issues. though be honest, I barely ever watch rugby league by which i mean i probably only watch NRL and world cup playoffs and state of origin.

Thurston,Pearce, Johnson, Cherry~Evans these guys are league half backs which would be the union equivalent to 1st 5, same name positions completely different role. I would have Barrett or Cruden as half back( league) a league hookers closest thing would be a union halfback the distributors, and SBW won the golden boot (leagues equivalent to world player of the year) playing mostly as a 2nd rower so logic says that would be his potion on a league field. The position names are deceiving though if you are union man.
For the forwards I would stack em with loosies like Vito, Messam the more athleticism the better.

Last edited:
points taken. yeah it didn't help when i check up on league positions on BBC and it showed me as well..although I was actually thinking of putting cruden as a half back... i was thinking of lining up an aussie team too (if you can refrain from pulling your hair out or imagining scoulding me with hot water haha) i was thinking putting giteau as a halfback (even though he's not a current wallaby) and quade as a 5/8, folau at wing or fullback and ioane on wing (another former player...)

I want to make teams of players that I know haha

by the way, i think barrett wouldn't be a halfback, he would be first receiver because he runs good and fast lines from 5/8 before passing

Last edited:
points taken. yeah it didn't help when i check up on league positions on BBC and it showed me as well..although I was actually thinking of putting cruden as a half back... i was thinking of lining up an aussie team too (if you can refrain from pulling your hair out or imagining scoulding me with hot water haha) i was thinking putting giteau as a halfback (even though he's not a current wallaby) and quade as a 5/8, folau at wing or fullback and ioane on wing (another former player...)

I want to make teams of players that I know haha

by the way, i think barrett wouldn't be a halfback, he would be first receiver because he runs good and fast lines from 5/8 before passing

Like I said brother halfback is first receiver, depending on how teams play you can have halfback and 5/8 as 1st and 2nd receiver or have one standing each side of the play the ball. But halfback is (or it used to be) the main man the playmaker. The back three I think are the only position that are similar in the two codes maybe the centres too. League is pretty much 13 utilities last year SBW played as 2nd rower centre an 5/8 you would never see that in union. Old guys like Ruben Wiki who started his career on the wing moved to the centres and finished up as a prop lol (this is where Vatuvei is heading)another thing you would never see in union. Quade Cooper would have to learn how to tackle first no where for him to hide when you're defending shoulder to shoulder with your brothers. As for the forward there are no more fat men in our game ( george rose is the only one left) there's front rowers like Brenton Lawrence who would shame most wingers over a 50m foot race.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to use the game to appeal to any union fans (like myself) who don't know league well.

thanks for the explanations btw :)

Last edited:
1. Karmicheal Hunt
2. Chris Ashton
3. Ma'a Nonu
4. Manu Tuilangi
5. Isreal Folau
6. Quade Cooper
7. Danny Cipirani
8. Dwyane Vermulen
9. Francious Houggard
10. Jerome Kaino
11. Sam Burgress
12. Billy Vunipola
13. Sonny Bill Williams

just a fantasy team id like to see created.

yeah I think this game is going to be the most promising yet in terms of gameplay and so I would want to make union players and union kits in this. I understand that a lot of these teams wouldn't make sense to league fans though but it would make the game appeal to more union fans who don't know league well which could mean more sales and more money.

For an All Blacks team I would take the tips enzed made on having cruden at halfback. I would put Aaron Smith (bullet passing) or TJ Perenara (more physical) at Hooker. And instead of Coles in the team and both Woodcock/Franks starting i would be inclined to include big explosive players like Patrick Tuipulotu, Jerome Kaino, Liam Messam, Ben Tameifuna etc...

I would still keep SBW at centres even if he was a good boot second rower. Patrick Tuipulotu and Jerome Kaino I would rather at second rowers or lock in this team and I'd like to think Tuipulotu at second row would kill it in league (him and Vito have awesome offloading skills as well).

As for rest of world teams, I want to see guys like Eben Etzebeth and Duane Vermeulen etc. in a Springboks team;

Matt Toomua, Quade Cooper, Matt Giteau and Israel Folau (someone made a decent creation) etc. in a Wallabies team;

Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Manu Tuilagi, Kyle Eastmond, Sam Burgess, James Haskell, Luther Burrell, Chris Robshaw, George Ford, Danny Care, Farrell (...), Ashton (...) etc. in an England Union team;

George North and Jamie Roberts etc. in a welsh team;

and... Jonny Sexton, Sean O'Brien, Cian Healy, Paul O'Connell etc. in an Irish team.

etc...

Last edited:
How's this for Springboks;

1 Willie le Roux
2 Seabelo Senatla (would be like RTS)
3 Lionel Mapoe
4 Juan de Jongh
5 Francois Hougaard (Mvovo if Hougaard goes to 9)
6 Handre Pollard (as 5/8 is normally more of a runner, no?)
7 Pat Lambie
8 Willem Alberts
9 Cobus Reinach (maybe Hougaard on account of better defence)
10 Eben Etzebeth
11 Ryan Kankowski (great ball skills for running on an edge)
12 Warren Whiteley
13 Duane Vermuelen

14 Cheslin Kolbe
15 Coenie Oosthuizen (for 10 minute bursts)
16 Renaldo Bothma
17 *Insert big blindside flank here*

Potentially Cornal Hendricks in the 5 as he adds some size. Then 17 could be any of Kolisi, Burger, Deysel, Jacques du Plessis maybe even Akker van der Merwe.

Last edited:
For Me:

1 Willie le Roux
2 JP Pieterson
3 Jaque Fourie
4 Jean De Villiers
5 Bryan Habana
6 Francois Steyn
7 Pat Lambie
8 Willem Alberts
9 Fourie Du Preez
10 Coenie Oosthuizen
11 Schalk Burger
12 Juan Smith
13 Duane Vermuelen

Francois Louw
Marcell Coetzee
Eben Etzebeth
Bakkies Botha
Bismarck
Handre Pollard
Jan Serfontein

For Me:

1 Willie le Roux
2 JP Pieterson
3 Jaque Fourie
4 Jean De Villiers
5 Bryan Habana
6 Francois Steyn
7 Pat Lambie
8 Willem Alberts
9 Fourie Du Preez
10 Coenie Oosthuizen
11 Schalk Burger
12 Juan Smith
13 Duane Vermuelen

Francois Louw
Marcell Coetzee
Eben Etzebeth
Bakkies Botha
Bismarck
Handre Pollard
Jan Serfontein

Just for me JP is a bit past it and Steyn is also a long way off his best. A Wallaby one would be fun as they have so much backline talent!

They'll be a new FanHub this coming week - much improved, lots of additional content, better frame-rate, rendering - it will also include something playable from the game.

Just for me JP is a bit past it and Steyn is also a long way off his best. A Wallaby one would be fun as they have so much backline talent!

Maybe Cornal Hendricks replace JP and Damian de Allende replace Steyn then, also bringing in Jesse Kriel into the squad.

As for a Wallabies team, Of course yes their backs are awesome, I forgot to mention Kurtley Beale in a possible created squad, especially given his rumoured negotiations with the Bulldogs a couple of seasons back.

@BigAnt thanks for the update - patiently looking forward to the release of the game.

Hey guys, I made a Rugby Barbarians team, feel free to add to the roster and re-share, Keen to make more NH players
Username: TheOdd1Out_

I.Folau (Aus), B.Habana (RSA), G.North (Wales) M.Fekitoa (NZL), N.Nadolo (Fiji)

J.Sexton (Ireland), Q.Cooper (Aus)

A.Mafi (Japan), F.Tanaka (Japan), S.Burgess (England)

M.Gorgodze (Georgia), S.B.Williams (NZL) R.McCaw (NZL)
MEDKaz9.gif

Hey man, that's awesome! Nice work and very much appreciated

I have managed to make teams for the All Blacks, Wallabies, World XV (2014-2015 inspired mixed with other stars from both codes) and Toulon. I am still slowly working on Springboks and England teams...

Thanks.

RLL3 World XV.jpgRLL3 Wallabies.jpgRLL3 All Blacks.jpg2015-12-18_00007.jpg2015-12-18_00008.jpg2015-12-18_00010.jpg

Attachments

• World XV - RLL3 - Ranger.jpg
    World XV - RLL3 - Ranger.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
  • RLL3 Wallabies AAC.jpg
    RLL3 Wallabies AAC.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 13
  • RLL3 All Blacks Mccaw.jpg
    RLL3 All Blacks Mccaw.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2015-12-17_00001.jpg
    2015-12-17_00001.jpg