• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby is being ruined

Tony vellere

Academy Player
As the ***le suggests the game is being ruined by all the soft ruling on head shots surely the onus will have to be put on the person being tackled if he is going to go low into contact there is no way a player can adjust that late when he has already made his line for the tackle, a pure example is the Tongan yellow against the Irish player that Tonga player was as almost as low as you can get then the Irish lad dropped ( nuts ) down and got a huge advantage a penalty and a yellow card, then my next issue is the TMO actually calling play back unless the player has been knocked out clean then he needs to leave the calls to the ref and the touch judges we are going to turn new spectators away with all the cards and interference from above. And if you want to know how to make the game faster and better let me know

Yeah, rugby is ruined. That Scotland v Japan match just highlights how bad the game has become. - dreadful spectacle.

In other words, some people object to change because it's change

The problem is there is too much rugby. In the olden days, you would get smacked in all ways, still get up and play on. The incredible amount of rugby has made the game soft and the players soft.

Plus i don't care what anyone says, technology has ruined the game for me.

I still love the game dearly, so i watch despite all the problems.

Mate I have been born and breed rugby but now it frustrates me to watch how soft some players are and how much they talk to the ref the Irish are the worst for that you watch Rory best and tell me it's rugby.
Then players try and milk a soft hit

Mate you are probably one of those guys who celebrates 8th place. Not a fan of people getting knocked out or hurt but if you play rugby you take some hits get back up and go again there were no serious injuries 1 Yr ago so why all of a sudden now. You and the rest of them need to harden up play rugby stop being weak and looking to blame if you chose to fall into a tackle it's your fault unless there is intent from the other bloke but I think now guys know that they will get rewarded with s penalty and a card and will be doing the weak thing and intentionally falling in tackles WEAK

Mate you are probably one of those guys who celebrates 8th place. Not a fan of people getting knocked out or hurt but if you play rugby you take some hits get back up and go again there were no serious injuries 1 Yr ago so why all of a sudden now. You and the rest of them need to harden up play rugby stop being weak and looking to blame if you chose to fall into a tackle it's your fault unless there is intent from the other bloke but I think now guys know that they will get rewarded with s penalty and a card and will be doing the weak thing and intentionally falling in tackles WEAK

I'll admit to being weak. I don't want a shoulder to the head.

I'll admit to being weak. I don't want a shoulder to the head.
No one does but unfortunately it's a contact sport and if fall into a tackle you will get one every time and they the tackler don't have time to adjust so why does he and his team get penalised for your error or intentional fall, now if it's blatant and has real intent then yes by all means card him but unless that's the case penalise the guy falling

Yes famously, until a year ago no player was ever seriously injured in rugby, no broken bones, paralysis, CTE, torn scrotums or lost eyeballs.

Also surely as the captain Best is the one player who's supposed to talk to the ref?...

Yes famously, until a year ago no player was ever seriously injured in rugby, no broken bones, paralysis, CTE, torn scrotums or lost eyes.

Also surely as the captain Best is the one player who's supposed to talk to the ref?...
Yes he is but when you actually run out after a try has been awarded while the conversion is about to take place surely that's a bit much

Latest posts