• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Champions Out Now

Dave

Verified Account
Hi
We are very pleased to say that "Rugby Champions" is getting some great reviews
Plus we would just like to say, many thanks for all the kind comments from you the Rugby fans for "Rugby Champions" particularly on the game's AI, this being the game's primary focus. It has taken the development team a number of years to fine tune, but the end result allows the game to replicate real life, on the pitch, decisions.
Please check out:-

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

The team have just posted a Rugby Champions gameplay video of Japan vs Ireland.
Please check it out:-

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Yes, we intend to add this. The focus of the next update which will be released this month will be the ability to play multi-season franchises, initially with Super Rugby, and with other competitions to follow. A quick game mode will probably be in the update after this next one.

Hi Just a quick note to say thank you for continuing good reviews for the game, on the Steam Store page, these really help us.
Plus just to remind you to stay tuned, as coming soon there will be a significant update for the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Sorry looks like it will be tomorrow, as running some final tests is taking a little longer than expected.

Hi,
Purchased the game and itching to get started, however my choice of controllers are not recognised by the game. I am trying to use an Xbox One controller via an official USB adapter and or a PS4 controller via 3rd party software (DS4). I've ensured the steam app recognises either.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,
Purchased the game and itching to get started, however my choice of controllers are not recognised by the game. I am trying to use an Xbox One controller via an official USB adapter and or a PS4 controller via 3rd party software (DS4). I've ensured the steam app recognises either.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
The XBOX controller is probably the way to go. We have had people report issues when they have multiple controllers plugged in, so try again making sure that is the only one. Also the in-game menus are navigated with a mouse, so the controller is only needed during gameplay (you are probably aware of that, but just thought I would check). If you are still having issues, head over to our steam forums and post your issue there along with specific controller detials.

Rugby Champions has been updated. The update includes the following,

- The ability to exit slow mode while kicking. This allows kicks to be executed more quickly by exiting slow mode once you are happy with the kick direction and power.

- The Super 15 competition format has been added

- This competition can be played for unlimited seasons

- A player recruitment system has been added which allows the recruitment of players during multi-season competitions by exchanging points earned through wins and bonus points

- A player improvement system has been added which allows boosting of player skills and attributes by exchanging points earned through wins and bonus points

Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy the update. More competitions and features are planned for future updates.

Is there any player regression? E.g. injuries, age, not playing often etc..
Just scared we end up with players all rated high!

No, there is no regression at the moment. We can see how it plays out and tweak it from there. Either way, I think it should be a lot of fun :)

Just to clarify, though players skills don't regress, they do age, get injured and eventually retire. So though you can train players up to improve you will eventually lose them to retirement and have to replace them. You can replace them by spending your recruitment points, either by recruiting from other teams, or through youth players. Youth players are cheaper but generally not as highly skilled, on the other hand you have many years to boost their skills before they will retire.

Just a quick question on player skills, does it only get better? Or can their permorfance drop if they dont play well?

Lastly, is there multiplayer?

Just a quick question on player skills, does it only get better? Or can their permorfance drop if they dont play well?

Lastly, is there multiplayer?
As the players skills improve his performance should be better on average. He will still have poor games where he makes some handling errors for example, due to natural variation in the game. There are no programmed form slumps at this point.

There is no multiplayer. But something we will look at in the future. Our philosophy is that if we can do a great job of single player, the other game modes will come more easily and be better for it.

Thanx for the feedback, I'll be sure to check it out over the weekend

Latest posts