• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Patch Team

W

woosaah

This year we are creating a Rugby 08 Patch team and i would like some applicants.

We need:

Roster Editor Help:
- Help sorting out values and maybe the design of the editor

Graphics
- Kits
- Pitch Ads
- TV Layout
- Cameras - if possible
- New Menu Layout - if possible/needed

Senario editor
- Creating Senarios - if possible

Testers
- Testing roster editor for the beta releases to the public
- Testing senarios
- Testing kits to make sure they are up to TRF standard.

Rugby 08 patches will have their own sub forum that only they can get into and also be in their own little wee group.

If you are interested give me a PM with some info about yourself and why you think you should be part of the team.

Now if you dont make it into the team, it doesnt mean you cannot submit your own stuff, this team is to try keep the quality up for the majority of the game, and to hopefully get out some decent stuff as soon as we can.

Think about it and let me know, submissions close around the time the games come out.

up to date rosters should be a must for patches

the one just released recently was a big hit. if we all pitch in (southern hemisphere and northern hemisphere) we can put together accurate rosters for the game

Isn't it a little too early ?

While I like the idea of a centralized hub in order to prevent the download anarchy, closing the submissions before the game release is strange.

The game looks like 06, but do we know if we can edit and how we will do it yet ? Will the tools we used until now continue working with the new version ?

I'd have joined "the team", I guess I'll contribute to some extent to the general knowledge because I'm curious, but I don't know if I'll have time around the game release, plus I'm on vacation away from computers in august.

i didnt say before i said around the time it comes out. a week or so maybe, depending on the response i get from fellow members.

I can help with a few things probably, if it's similar to EA's basketball series but please see my topic in the unpinned forum.. i need some info!

Count me in for any game GFX kits banners flags pitches you name it with GFX ill have a go will be doing my mods as usual, but will help any!!!

Well you know my experience in the game editing GFX will pm you if need be?

Yeah I'll be doing kits as per usual. Aint been round much recently cause I've not had the time but I should be back now.

just an idea for the editor...

would it be possible to have a global edit function?
eg... edit ( click dropdown with speed acc agil str etc.. all the player ratings) for position (click dropdown with list of positions - all, allbacks, allforwards, prop, flyhalf, wing, centre etc)

this would give the ability to globally fiddle with the stats of all players to see how they affect gameplay.

the first thing i would do (if 08 is the same as 06 in this area) is globally edit kickpower -10 for everyone - to make kicking a bit more realistic. this maintains the rankings of kickers because all are edited. so carter, wilkinson, montgomery will still be the biggest kickers in the game, just wont be able to kick the whole field

and fiddling with global rucking stats could have an effect on turnovers etc...

if that all makes sense

is that like the rugby01 editor someone had on some website a long wee while ago?

Bokean, i can do that if you want no problem (if someone doesnt beat me to making an editor)

ill be getting this game on release so it should be really good. ill be working on the editor as soon as it comes out.

also another thing i noticed - is it possible to have the overall rating of the player displayed?

and maybe a button to recalculate it after you have adjusted their ratings...

that would be sweeet

if you find how they calculate it let me know its not in the data i think its calculated as you see it on screen.

i never did work out what it was coulndt be bothered. maybe for this version i will :)

if you find how they calculate it let me know its not in the data i think its calculated as you see it on screen.

i never did work out what it was coulndt be bothered. maybe for this version i will :) [/b]

The overall rating is the average of the postions main stats.

Prop
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging

Hooker
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging, Hooking

Lock
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging, Lineout

Flanker
Tackling, Strength, Rucking

Number 8
Tackling, Strength, Rucking

Scrumhalf
Tackling, Handling, Passing

Flyhalf
Handling, Passing, Kicking

Wing
Speed, Acceleration, Agility

Centre
Handling, Passing

Fullback
Speed, Acceleration, Handling, Kicking

Each special ability adds 1 to the overal rating (except for the unknowns and injury resistance) and a star player has an extra 6 added to their overall rating. The players rating only counts for their main position.

Eg. Conrad Smith has handling 95 passing 92.

95+ 92=187

187 divide by 2 = 93.5

In the case of a decimal place if they have no special abilities the overall is rounded up if .5 or above. if .4 or below it goes down. If they have 3 special abilities like Conrad, one special ability would count as .5 to make it a whole number and the other 2 abilities count as +2 so his rating is 96.

George Gregan has Handling 89 Pasing 93 Tackling 89

Added up and divided by 3 = 90.3 recurring.

He has 3 stars. 1 turns the .3 recurring into a whole number so its 91.

The other stars make his overall 93 and the he is an impact player so +6.

George Gregan=99

Some players overalls actually go above 100

Any questions just ask me

that is fantastic - now we can build that function in to the editor

im amazed that tackling does not affect the ovrl of a centre - craezy!!

centre should be - tackling, speed, acc, agil, hand, pass

that is fantastic - now we can build that function in to the editor

im amazed that tackling does not affect the ovrl of a centre - craezy!!

centre should be - tackling, speed, acc, agil, hand, pass [/b]

Yea it is a bit odd but i have just rechecked it and its right.

cheers for that allyoop i might update my version to do that.

at the moment i am learning a new language, so depending on the format i may have a couple of versions of the new editor, it may look cooler 2.

maybe.

Woosaah, What language did you write the 06 editor in? I would assume C#, VB.net or visual c++ and what are language are you learning?

Also have you released the source for the editor, as I would like to look at the source.

na not releasing the source, i dont remember half of it its not commented at all. It would be too embarassing to let it go.

I did it in VB6, cause thats all i had. I am learning vb.net and plan on putting it in that, if I cant get it done in that oh well. Also learning the other .net languages as well. It took me along time to learn some of the stuff i used on vb so it might take a while to convert it to the new language, though thats why i am using the original editor for the first part of this game :)

Latest posts