Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Time: 3pm
Venue: Wembley Stadium
TV: Premier Sports

Australia are massive favourites to reach the final once again as they take on the Fijians in the second part of the double header semi final at Wembley. The Kangaroos have already beaten their opponents once this tournament in a 34-2 win at Langtree Park in week 2.

They are massive favourites to do so again.

Brent Tate is confirmed to have secured the left centre spot, over Michael Jennings and Josh Morris.

Australian 19-man Squad
Cameron Smith (capt), Paul Gallen (vc), Greg Bird, Darius Boyd, Daly Cherry-Evans, Cooper Cronk, Robbie Farah, Andrew Fifita, Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, Brett Morris, Nate Myles, Josh Papalii, Corey Parker, Matthew Scott, James Tamou, Brent Tate, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston.

Two players will be omitted. One of those will likely be Farah who loses out to Cherry-Evans as the favoured utility. The other player to be dropped from the team would have to be out of Josh Papalii and Nate Myles.

One must never count Fiji out. Sometimes underdogs are giant killers. Beware Fijian Song Prayers are powerful and their GOD will be watching.

What about the god of the Australian players? We might have a clash of the ***ans situation here! :p

Aussie is a World Class Team no doubt! But I am sure Fiji can put up a good performance..... GO FIJI BATI GO...... :rolleyes:

For fiji ever fiji....... Let our voice reign with pride.....

I respect the God of the Australians too for sure.... So in that case, May the Best Team Wins......

Should be a very good game, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Australia score first. You'd think that is a big blow to Fiji, they needed to score the first try to give themselves a chance.

This is ridiculous that a World Cup semi is not being shown on free terrestrial tv and in the country that is hosting the World Cup.

Yeah true; this was never going to be a contest. But it goes to show how badly televised this World Cup has been; that and also that there is not much interest here in England, other than in the national team and even then only in the north west of England. A World Cup that realistically only has 3 countries have a hope in hell of winning.

Take that up with the BBC and Sky Sports. Their bids didn't meet the IRLF's valuation of the TV rights, Premier Sports' did.

Nah you're alright; I'm not that bothered. Just saying a Rugby League WC won't compare to the RWC 2015; there would not be a scenario where one semi is shown on terrestrial tv and one on pay per view.

No, but rugby union has a much more international game than rugby league. Terrestrial television will fall over themselves to buy it. The RLWC not so much.

Latest posts