Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Date: 15th November 2013
Time: 8pm
Venue: Headingley Stadium, Leeds
TV: Premier Sports

The World Champions will look to be the first team through the semi finals as they take on a spirited Scotland team in the first of the RLWC2013 quarter finals.

SBW almost forced off after 58s, but staying on - who knows for how long though.

Yes, that looked a painful one. Luckily it looks like he's alright. Some big hits here already. Three proper bonerattlers and there's only been 3 minutes.

Yeah, ferocious start to the game.
Both teams well up for it so we should see some good play

New Zealand are over but it's a knock on unfortunately for them.

How's about that for a try!
Good eye from the hooker to see neither marker in place at the play the ball - some pace on him too!

The handoff felt all around the world from Sonny Bill!

10-0 now, you get the feeling that the Kiwis have ridden out the storm and have struck at crucial times.

Third try for the kiwis.
Scotland have played some good rugby, just not been able to finish it - kiwis looking a step above though, and look like they've got several more gears to go to as well.

Henderson looking like a Beano character with a toothache, getting his chin strapped up!

20-0 now, the Kiwis have just taken Scotland's initial bluster for ten minutes and repeatedly sucker punched them. They and the Aussies have an extra gear that they can pull out and nobody can hang with them - or so it seems, anyway.

Shane Hayne jus loves to disallow tries but I think Goodwin was out.

It was a very tight call.

However, doesn't matter because the Kiwis are over again. I know they are playing inferior opposition but some of the skill levels on show tonight from them are absolutely outstanding.

Kane Linnett has been disappointing for the Scots. He's a good player and he's got a good feeder in Peter Wallace. Danny Brough needs to link with some of his backs. Love to see Danny in the NRL for the Warriors :)

Very good Scotland try, they deserve it to be honest. They started the game very well, but the Kiwis have been utterly clinical.

Very good Scotland try, they deserve it to be honest. They started the game very well, but the Kiwis have been utterly clinical.

Yeah the Sottish defence has been good considering the disadvantages they have going into this game. I hope they finish off with another try at least and to keep the Kiwis on 40.

I think Brough might have just changed the way kick offs in League will be done.

He's been doing it for years. He's a pain, his kicks are horrible to deal with. When Saints play Huddersfield my heart is constantly in my mouth. He's a very good player.

Finished 40-4. Kiwis clinical, Scotland game but just outgunned. No shame in that when its New Zealand in their way. Scots bow out, Kiwis through to next weekend's semi final.

Latest posts