• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Referee Assaulted

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
If you thought NIGEL OWENS was bad on Saturday, just think how bad this guy must have been. <_<

http://www.rugby365.com/article/60537-serious-assault-on-referee

here Van Zyl was confronted by two angry spectators, apparently brothers and apparently not members of the Tuine club. One of the pair asked Van Zyl why he had refereed so badly (kak) and immediately hit the referee.
Van Zyl struggled to remain conscious and opened his car door to get to his cellphone, whereupon his attacker kicked at the door so that Van Zyl was pinned between the door and the car. The referee and his assistant fought to defend themselves when one of the pair, apparently not the first aggressor, hit the referee on the head with a crash helmet. When other spectators rushed to the referees' assistance, the assailants ran away.

Poor jokes aside, obviously it's a terrible terrible incident - can't recall this happening anywhere else (though the article refers to a previous incident).

If you thought NIGEL OWENS was bad on Saturday, just think how bad this guy must have been. <_<

http://www.rugby365.com/article/60537-serious-assault-on-referee

Poor jokes aside, obviously it's a terrible terrible incident - can't recall this happening anywhere else (though the article refers to a previous incident).

I was hoping it would be Bryce or Romain...

but after reading the article, I can completely understand why. Tuine and Brits are places you don't walk alone if you're an outsider. Those boere will fight anybody who just look at them funny.

It's clear that the 2 guys who assaulted the ref are not the smartest of guys, and I'm sure they will be caught pretty soon.

In Italy during the italian championship final,a referee who was at the match as simple fan start to offend the refs on pitch and also italian rugby union chairman

Anyone remember this one? I do:

das

Last edited by a moderator:
I often wonder if that fat piece of $#!% Bok Supporter was proud of himself?

I'm glad a couple of the players gave him a couple of cracks to the head.

The Cape club rugby scene in 'previously disadvantaged' areas can be rough, yes particularly at the lower levels. Skomgatte.

The Cape club rugby scene in 'previously disadvantaged' areas can be rough, yes particularly at the lower levels. Skomgatte.

I talk about Cape Town because it's the zone where I spent more time,but I saw or heard about aggressions also in other cities

I talk about Cape Town because it's the zone where I spent more time,but I saw or heard about aggressions also in other cities

certain areas definitely has incidents, yes, but most of the time it's not rugby related, I know that in certain areas it's mostly rival gangs that stir up the problems with brawls at rugby games.

certain areas definitely has incidents, yes, but most of the time it's not rugby related, I know that in certain areas it's mostly rival gangs that stir up the problems with brawls at rugby games.

I know,unfortunately

Yeah McCaw and Venter were the first two on that fat idiotic bok fan. Venter clearly gives the guy a slap, and he reappears with a deserved bust nose.

No place for that in ANY sports.

Latest posts