Academy Player

Frans' RC3 Editor

Do not ask progress.
Teaser for a basic RC3 player editor.

Upcoming functionality:
  • Load players from DB
  • Unlock and Lock players for Editing
  • Change player statistics e.g. Names, Surnames, Weight, Height, Normal Stats
  • Save functionality might not be coded, will require manually replacing player in DB using HEX which is automatically generated. Therefore copy, paste using HEX editor.
Limitations:
  • Saving automatically, the first release will only provide HEX string of saved stats
  • Input of final player block will require user to know where the playerdb offset ends in DB
  • Player positions excluded for now
  • Player faceID excluded for now (definitely will be included later)

Purpose of this post is to ask if any devs on forum would be willing to collaborate. Also if you are a modder this will easily allow you to download players from fanhub which already have likeness done then modify stats. Easily also lock and unlock players for editing.

LQhRrLK.png

I have also found that editing the supposed "locked" players causes the crash, would your editor make it possible to edit them without crashing the game? Its just a bit annoying that I will have to edit my database all over again.

Alpha: STILL REQUIRES HEX EDITOR TO SAVE

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ahl8ac55abt03c/EditorAlpha0.1.rar

• Read and extract some statistics
  • Only capable of changing names and surnames
  • Saves into HEX string to be manually added into DB
  • Requires DB closing offset to be manually entered.
Howto:
  1. You also need to add where your players DB start. Easiest way is to search in HEX for Andrew Hore, then from where he starts. Determine a number of Bytes your DB is. In the editor I use 75 00 00 as end of each player, not the start. (You have to use HEX editor, starting position for playerDB read is set by yourself and the number of bytes.
  2. Select Load DB and select your DB file
  3. Once DB is loaded, select load Players
  4. Select a Player, statistics will populate
  5. Only name and surname will save in current edition. Modify as you like
  6. Save Player
  7. Copy the generated HEX
  8. Replace the player in your DB using HEX editor with generated HEX starting at player ID and ending with 75 00 00
Hex example:
Determine start:
AtF8rPE.png

Full player record to replace:
5Rt69xH.png

MAKE COPY OF YOUR DB BEFORE USE.

hTkuqK0.png
tulvRQd.png

Last edited:
ALPHA 0.3

Development will slow down now until testers report feedback.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/d2f42wsmw9mnj8f/AlphaEditor0.3.rar

Changelog:

• Automatically reads playerDB offsets.
  • Loads all player stats.
  • Ability to save all stats once WRITE is clicked.
  • Ability to modify STAR player status. NOTE THIS WILL INTRODUCE BUGS IF USE CAREFULLY RATHER EDIT IN EDITOR THAN INGAME.
  • Note - Players stats need to be four digits always.
Guide:
  1. Load the DB.
  2. Load the Players.
  3. Select a player to edit from left listbox.
  4. Edit player statistics. Ensure stats is four digits.
  5. Click Save player.
  6. If no issues, click WRITE DB.
  7. ENJOY
URGENT REQUIRE TESTERS.
jfdyBND.png

It would be good to have an option to eliminate players.

It would be good to have an option to eliminate players.
Difficult to achieve as players might be linked somewhere..
Too risky.
I am however working on a "Dummy Player" toggle. This way you can tag fake players in the editor, it will then update the player in the DB using very low stats and default Dummy Player name and surname.

This way you should rather replace players than eliminating.

FINAL WEEKEND UPDATE
ALPHA 0.4

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/deseiq42xip9zsx/EditorAlpha0.4.rar

Changelog:

• Ability to modify STAR player status. NOTE THIS WILL INTRODUCE BUGS LATER IN GAME, ONLY UNTICK TO EDIT PLAYER LIKENESS AND THEN RE-ENABLE.
  • Note - Players stats need to be always four digits. (Automated function to force 4 digits implemented)
  • New Search for players
  • Dummy player checkbox
  • Copy and Paste player between databases
Guide:
  1. Load the DB.
  2. Load the Players.
  5. Click Save player.
  7. ENJOY
  8. If you've selected dummy player, click Save Player all stats for the player will be modified to dummy player. Write DB to save.
Copy & Paste Player Functionality:
  1. Copy allows the player HEX to be copied to memory, (first SAVE PLAYER).
  2. Use Paste to paste player from memory. Open two DB's using editor. Copy from one editor and paste in another. Select COPY then in the other editor select PASTE (after SAVE), and immediately write DB.
  • Copy, paste can be used to move players between RC3 DB's.
  • Useful if you download players on one DB from fanhub then add them into a stock, non fanhub DB. This way you copy player likeness across.
  • Useful to replace dummy players with actual players from another DB, or from your own DB.
To be done:
  • Toggle to only copy player likeness, e.g. face, skin, head etc. instead of full player stats.
  • Assign player headID and skinID.
  • View player nationality.
  • Filter player search according to nationality.
  • View and edit player positions [if possible]
7hg9iss.png

URGENT REQUIRE TESTERS.

Last edited:
FINAL WEEKEND UPDATE
ALPHA 0.4

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/deseiq42xip9zsx/EditorAlpha0.4.rar

Changelog:

• Ability to modify STAR player status. NOTE THIS WILL INTRODUCE BUGS LATER IN GAME, ONLY UNTICK TO EDIT PLAYER LIKENESS AND THEN RE-ENABLE.
  • Note - Players stats need to be always four digits. (Automated function to force 4 digits implemented)
  • New Search for players
  • Dummy player checkbox
  • Copy and Paste player between databases
Guide:
  1. Load the DB.
  2. Load the Players.
  5. Click Save player.
  7. ENJOY
  8. If you've selected dummy player, click Save Player all stats for the player will be modified to dummy player. Write DB to save.
Copy & Paste Player Functionality:
  1. Copy allows the player HEX to be copied to memory, (first SAVE PLAYER).
  2. Use Paste to paste player from memory. Open two DB's using editor. Copy from one editor and paste in another. Select COPY then in the other editor select PASTE (after SAVE), and immediately write DB.
  • Copy, paste can be used to move players between RC3 DB's.
  • Useful if you download players on one DB from fanhub then add them into a stock, non fanhub DB. This way you copy player likeness across.
  • Useful to replace dummy players with actual players from another DB, or from your own DB.
To be done:
  • Toggle to only copy player likeness, e.g. face, skin, head etc. instead of full player stats.
  • Assign player headID and skinID.
  • View player nationality.
  • Filter player search according to nationality.
  • View and edit player positions [if possible]
7hg9iss.png

URGENT REQUIRE TESTERS.
What does adding as a dummy player do?

What does adding as a dummy player do?
The game is filled with fake players. You don't add a dummy player, you modify an existing player to become a dummy player.
This gives the a designated name with low stats. Competitions and career mode in RC3 choose players with highest stats for selection.
This way your fake players is easily identified when building squads and stats so low it won't be chosen within the competitions.

You should also later replace these fake players with new ones when modding instead of creating new players. This way the database stays within a reasonable limit. DB should be tried and kept at 7300 players for safety.

The game is filled with fake players. You don't add a dummy player, you modify an existing player to become a dummy player.
This gives the a designated name with low stats. Competitions and career mode in RC3 choose players with highest stats for selection.
This way your fake players is easily identified when building squads and stats so low it won't be chosen within the competitions.

You should also later replace these fake players with new ones when modding instead of creating new players. This way the database stays within a reasonable limit. DB should be tried and kept at 7300 players for safety.
Oh ok thanks, is there away to actually delete players? Im trying to rectify the issue where it crashes because of too many players

The program gives me an error when loading a database: "number was less than the array's lower bound in the first dimension"

Oh ok thanks, is there away to actually delete players? Im trying to rectify the issue where it crashes because of too many players
I don't think that will be achievable as the players are linked. We might break something. Is it crashing because of too much players or too much players' star mode disabled?
If you are using vanilla mod, this is the issue. To fix it, modify the player's star mode using editor until there is reasonable amount. Confirm by trying fanhub.

The program gives me an error when loading a database: "number was less than the array's lower bound in the first dimension"
Great! Please can you share your .db. Upload somewhere for me, and also post system specs. e.g OS etc.

Sorry, not sure how to dm on here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FZy5Hi7hzsZAqInHO6RMjhc2HPXRxrWN
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aiwL3Psd12EmKygtzyyIXP2-9XnOeoS4

Windows 10, i5, gtx950 m ... i dunno what other specs u need or are relevant
Great, thanks. Your DB seems to be missing the starting player.. Does it load in the game correct??
Anyway, I've fixed it for you. Check your google drive for updated. Just rename correctly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ce7jOc3jEJ1z2_JgHbEJD2XtnPAakFmy/view?usp=sharing

Great, thanks. Your DB seems to be missing the starting player.. Does it load in the game correct??
Anyway, I've fixed it for you. Check your google drive for updated. Just rename correctly.

Thanks so much for all the help and i'm here if you need anything

Latest posts