Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
Given the following QFs

A=1st v 8th
B=3rd v 6th
C=4th v 5th
D=2nd v 7th

Where the Winner of A plays the winner of B and the winner of C the winner of D.

Say 8th pulls a miracle and beats 1st and 3rd beats 6th. When the 8th plays 3rd, does the 8th carry over the right to play at home?

The question is, do you get to "acquire" a team's right to play at home if you beat them?
Thanks in advance.

PS: i'm sure there's an easier way to formulate the question.

Given the following QFs

A=1st v 8th
B=3rd v 6th
C=4th v 5th
D=2nd v 7th

Where the Winner of A plays the winner of B and the winner of C the winner of D.

Say 8th pulls a miracle and beats 1st and 3rd beats 6th. When the 8th plays 3rd, does the 8th carry over the right to play at home?

The question is, do you get to "acquire" a team's right to play at home if you beat them?
Thanks in advance.

PS: i'm sure there's an easier way to formulate the question.

Nope, the higher ranked team always has the home advantage.

Also worth noting that the winner of A plays the winner of C (and the winner of B plays the winner of D), regardless of who wins the matches (so the highest ranked remaining finalist after the QFs doesn't play the lowest ranked, the draw is fixed). I may have over-complicated this explanation...

Understood, thanks.
you are right about A v C, my bad.

I kinda dislike the system now.
It gives, given the current state of affairs, too much advantage to SA 1 and Aus 1 over NZ 2,3,4 (among other potential scenarios).

Understood, thanks.
you are right about A v C, my bad.

I kinda dislike the system now.
It gives, given the current state of affairs, too much advantage to SA 1 and Aus 1 over NZ 2,3,4 (among other potential scenarios).

Only now? Why do you think we all hate this conference system so much???

Only now? Why do you think we all hate this conference system so much???
Either you don't understand my point or you don't understand what the main complaints about the conference system are.

My point is about what happens AFTER QFs.
99% of the complaints (here and elsewhere) were/are about how teams get to QFs. Not quite the same.

The situation i've asked about has never happened since Jaguares/SWs joined the competition.

Either you don't understand my point or you don't understand what the main complaints about the conference system are.

My point is about what happens AFTER QFs.
99% of the complaints (here and elsewhere) were/are about how teams get to QFs. Not quite the same.

The situation i've asked about has never happened since Jaguares/SWs joined the competition.

No I get your point completely. It's only since the Jaguares now have a real shot at making the playoffs that all the permutations and issues of the playoff part of the tournament is in the Argentinian contingent's mind...

Edit: You're not worth it.

I really don't get this hostility from you. I was merely agreeing with you about the structure of the competition and how us Saffas have been feeling about this structure ever since it started.

But okay, keep on trucking...

Nope. My point has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the structure of the competition. Nothing.

What you are your countrymen have been complaining about has been something entirely different.

Nope. My point has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the structure of the competition. Nothing.

What you are your countrymen have been complaining about has been something entirely different.
Then perhaps elaborate your point.

You asked a question about the structure of the playoffs and how it unfairly disadvantages SA 1 and Aus 1 over NZ 2,3&4, so what am I missing here???

How did you integrate? Did you use SFS to weight by eccentricity and then integrate with the SFS keyword? If so, then that would explicitly integrate in such a manner as to optimize eccentricity.

As Chris stated, more eccentric stars can also have parts of themselves rejected during integration.

Latest posts