PRC2024

Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath

Yay - an actual, proper, sensible format.
After what? 6 years of trying, rugby has finally found a cup format that works - the same format that had been used for the previous 30 years.
I'll never know why we had to try to move away from a pools system where you play the teams that are in your pool, and do so home and away - it's really not complicated!

Now, if only the same common sense can be found by EPRC before they completely ruin the club game.

As for the PRC itself - now if only they could find a way to limit teams to 2nd choice / youngsters whilst they're at it (if only for the Prem clubs)

Yay - an actual, proper, sensible format.
After what? 6 years of trying, rugby has finally found a cup format that works - the same format that had been used for the previous 30 years.
I'll never know why we had to try to move away from a pools system where you play the teams that are in your pool, and do so home and away - it's really not complicated!

Now, if only the same common sense can be found by EPRC before they completely ruin the club game.

As for the PRC itself - now if only they could find a way to limit teams to 2nd choice / youngsters whilst they're at it (if only for the Prem clubs)
I'm sure fans of both Chinnor & Cambridge don't share your thoughts on the format.

I do like the idea of regional pools. It not only adds rivalry and increased away attendance but also helps cost, especially for championship clubs

How would you add the 2 other teams and keep it to the 6 weekends (I do think it's unfair they're not included?)
Could there be another 2 teams from somewhere to add another pool?

Could there be another 2 teams from somewhere to add another pool?
That would be the preferred option, but still fraught with difficulties (which pool gets the NL1 clubs? which pool only gets 1 Prem club?)

Why not?
Or do you mean their exclusion? which isn't the same thing.
Like I said above I'm sure the likes of Chinnor who have just gained promotion & Cambridge and their respective fans were looking forward to being drawn against some premiership opponents. So now both clubs will have no games in Nov & Feb and will be taking a financial hit.
Just think the RFU have it wrong in this instance, how it could be rectified is a difficult one. Compensation for both clubs would be a good start

Latest posts