• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Potential Rugby Game?

Good find there :D :D very interesting indeed :D :D thanks for giving us all a little bit of excitement, could be that theres two games for world cup?? or HB? - he possibly may get into trouble for spilling the beans tho :p :p

I personally think that is a big surprise for sure and possibly a rather telling find.

I'm only going to mention this as a possibility, because as one of the longest-serving stalwarts of rugby gaming here along with Gay-Guy, I'm as in the dark as anyone here in partnership with HB, otherwise if told to I would've not suggested this, but here goes......

In the thread "Sidhe and EA joining forces for RWC game?", it was put forward that apparently these two outfits were working together. I highly doubted it, as the whole "EA" thing threw me.

In response Mario from Sidhe who've had an association with Tru Blu games in the past, said "We aren't working with EA on anything. If EA is making/publishing a rugby game, it isn't with us."

A very cleverly worded response, and fair enough, Mario is the kind of guy that would no doubt be likely to keep things that secret as it's just part of his work that he has to keep things confidential until completely ready to announce. Actually, it's pretty important for me to state that I don't doubt Mario's integrity at all, I think if there are ever things he keeps to himself there's undoubtedly a reason.

The important thing is though he denied that there is any work being done with EA, and that's completely likely (EA are not involved), but is there a game being made between HB Studios and Tru Blu? Indeed Mario may not even be aware of this if this partnership is exclusively between HB and Tru Blu. Though maybe he does......

In light of this little clip (which seems like a faux pas which may be taken down soon - which would only prove it's substance), it would seem there could be more going on than any of us know right now.

Still, it's all just speculation for now.

Could be that Sidhe and Tru Blu might be trying their hand at the Rugby market. Just a guess but a huge possibility as a poster on the Sidhe forums mentioned a rumor of Tru Blu losing the League License and his threads keep getting deleted immediately.

But I dunno...if those shots were only just done this new game, if separate won't be out till end of next year at least if they are just doing player likenesses just now which adds more fuel to the fire of the rumor being true and the Sidhe Trublu pairing being true.

Time will tell...

Super sleuths at it again LOL!!!....although probably totally wrong but still fun to speculate especially when it means more Rugby games.:)

Could be that Sidhe and Tru Blu might be trying their hand at the Rugby market. Just a guess but a huge possibility as a poster on the Sidhe forums mentioned a rumor of Tru Blu losing the League License and his threads keep getting deleted immediately.

But I dunno...if those shots were only just done this new game, if separate won't be out till end of next year at least if they are just doing player likenesses just now which adds more fuel to the fire of the rumor being true and the Sidhe Trublu pairing being true.

Time will tell...

Super sleuths at it again LOL!!!....although probably totally wrong but still fun to speculate especially when it means more Rugby games.:)

It's not Sidhe - Tru Blu that this so much suggests, but HB Studios - Tru Blu/HES.

Also, your right, we could all be completely wrong. Still, it'll take a pretty clear, specific and strong denial to refute the implication of that clip, lol. :)

hmmm I did mention very early on that EA stepping out the market could set off a trend where 3 or so developers may take over, and then a pro evo/fifa dynamic would ensue as the sport becomes more popular...interesting indeed!

I sure hope the publisher isn't HES, they don't seem to tell anyone anything. at least HB is telling us stuff though.

Boy am I excited
From the 3rd Q&A of Rugby 2012 to this
Looking promising

It's pretty cool how they were doing shots of the players from all different angles. I wonder if they are doing all the Super Rugby teams? Must be a pretty detailed game if they want individual player sizes etc.

http://www.sidhe.co.nz/main.htm
"Rugby Challenge will include the All Blacks, ITM Cup, and Investec Super Rugby amongst other licensed teams and competitions, and will feature multiplayer online play, a multi-year franchise mode, extensive customisation options, and dynamic real-time commentary. New Zealand Rugby Union Commercial Manager Paul Dalton said they were delighted to be able to put their support behind Rugby Challenge"

great find fellas!

OK, I'm part of a a new gaming company, called GA sports: i we are thinking of makeing a brand new rugby game. can you tell me you would like to have on it!:D

OK, I'm part of a a new gaming company, called GA sports: i we are thinking of makeing a brand new rugby game. can you tell me you would like to have on it!:D
orly-thumb.jpg

Have you got a website? I just googled you and the only company I could find was a cricket equipment company.

Latest posts