• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Our new game is coming soon:- "Rugby Champions"

Dave

Verified Account
Hi All,

Just to say that we will soon be launching our new Rugby Union game "Rugby Champions" on Steam.
Rugby Champions features will include:-

- 5 difficulty modes providing gameplay varying from arcade style through to a simulation experience

- Advanced AI which will provide a genuine challenge to suit any skill level

- Unique gameplay with unlimited possibilities meaning no two games will be the same

- Slow mode kicking enabling placement of pinpoint punts, bombs, chips and grubbers

- Slick passing system making cut out balls and offloads easier

- Realistic ball retention and turnovers at rucks

- Detailed match and player statistics

- Detailed competition leader statistics

- Half lengths ranging from 7 to 40 minutes

- Differing international tournament formats

- Powerful in game Editor

- Ability to share your rosters with other gamers

- Watch back entire games with full match replays

- Dynamic gameplay that flows like rugby match should.

We really hope that you will enjoy "Rugby Champions"

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

We are aiming to release "Rugby Champions" in good time for a certain big international Rugby event :)
So please have your joypads fired-up and ready :)

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Any news on what engine you guys will be using? And were you guys involved in the creation of Rugby Challenge 3 and Rugby League Live 4?

Last edited:
Exciting stuff.

It is an International management game, or does it also include domestic teams?

What's the craic with licensing, as well?

Mish mash between the two games that are coming out, or just gonna old school pro-evo and got creative tributes to real sides instead?

Exciting stuff.

It is an International management game, or does it also include domestic teams?

Hi Rugby Champions is an international team management game, with some differing international tournament formats for you to chose from.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Very exciting news. Is there player development / training etc too?

Hi The game has many features as listed above and is more focussed on actually playing the matches, ( rather than watching) i.e. one to test your gameplay skills, so please have your joypad ready.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Good news, I hope the players can sidestep in the game as effectively as Dave has done with some of the questions so far :p

Ooooo can't wait ! When can we start seeing some screenshots and gameplay trailers!!

Good news!
Hope mauls will be realistic too, allowìng to score tries or to make them fall down. As well as scrum with all props' tricks.
Hope also there will be kicking pass :):):)

Game looks ok
If play-ability is nice I cant worry about graphics.

RC 3 did the graphics things first but you cant pass to your wing your 10 is out of possition and cant ever run with the ball.

Loved the editor ,7's and so on ant they where on the right track , would have loved it if the listened to fans on suggestions .

A mual is crucial ,would be cool if you could drive and score , if you guess correct (drive to left x,drive middle A,drive right b)

Also you can bring it down illegally sometimes get away with it other times no

I didnt play rugby 18 i have it but never opened it as the videos looked buggy and looks like it was created in 2003

Game looks ok
If play-ability is nice I cant worry about graphics.

RC 3 did the graphics things first but you cant pass to your wing your 10 is out of possition and cant ever run with the ball.

Loved the editor ,7's and so on ant they where on the right track , would have loved it if the listened to fans on suggestions .

A mual is crucial ,would be cool if you could drive and score , if you guess correct (drive to left x,drive middle A,drive right b)

Also you can bring it down illegally sometimes get away with it other times no

I didnt play rugby 18 i have it but never opened it as the videos looked buggy and looks like it was created in 2003
Playability is the first characteristic a video game must have, indeed, but it's frustrating a step behind graphics from the same guys who created Rugby League Live...

Rugby 18 really sucked, you saved money mate ;)

Playability is the first characteristic a video game must have, indeed, but it's frustrating a step behind graphics from the same guys who created Rugby League Live...

Rugby 18 really sucked, you saved money mate ;)
They were just the distributor for the UK I think, didn't make it

Any news on Rugby 20 ? I know it's going to feature at some game expo on the 20th of aug

If I had to guess its rugby 18 with a couple of new cut out screens.

Latest posts