RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Namibia-get-Vodacom-Cup-nod-20141119

NRU president Bradley Basson, confirmed on Tuesday that the South African Rugby Union has agreed to Namibia’s request to be included in the 16-team competition that will run from early March through to the end of May.

“The other good thing is that SARU has convinced teams to play all the games against us in Windhoek, so our players who are all amateurs can continue to do their jobs, train in the mornings and evenings and be ready for the match over the weekend, it will also save the NRU a lot of expenses and at this stage, we really do have to look at our finances as we will need a lot of resources to prepare for the World Cup.“

Very good to see! I wonder if that italian dude will vent about this???

What can I say ? Good for them,I hope it can help Namibia to improve

Some neighborly help. Good on SARU; they get a lot of stick and they deserve it 99% of the time but every now and then some sense / positivity rears it's beautiful head.

I have a question,who will they replace ?

Last edited:
Really good to see. Maybe SARU can go one step further and include them in the Currie Cup. It has happened before.

Last edited:
I have a question,who will they replace ?

I don't think they'll replace anyone as the Vodacom Cup is a pretty loose and open-ended comp but if anyone then probably the Limpopo Blue Bulls (the poor cousin of the Blue Bulls).

I don't think they'll replace anyone as the Vodacom Cup is a pretty loose and open-ended comp but if anyone then probably the Limpopo Blue Bulls (the poor cousin of the Blue Bulls).

All the news I read say that competition will continue to be played by 16 teams including the Namibian team,that means someone will leave

Last edited:

Latest posts