General Melchett

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Sweden
Club or Nation
Glasgow
Hi all,

After living in Sweden for several years it looks like I will be moving back to London. I have read a lot about property prices being on the decline. With that in mind, can anyone suggest a good area (preferably in SW) with good public transport links which might have some upside due to e.g. regeneration or at least won't suffer too much decline going forward?

A friend suggested near Battersea power station but I'm open to ideas. Budget is £400k for a one (or ideally two) bed apartment.

Or would it be best to rent for a year or so and then consider buying depending on the market? Thanks in advance.

No idea but....

400K for a 1/2 bed apartment......I can (if I could afford it) buy a 4 bedroom detached house for that kind of money.

This is why I'm not moving to London!

No idea but....

400K for a 1/2 bed apartment......I can (if I could afford it) buy a 4 bedroom detached house for that kind of money.

This is why I'm not moving to London!

400k is the limit as opposed to the target and that would be for a premium area. I used to live in Putney and so that could also be an option.

Hi all,

After living in Sweden for several years it looks like I will be moving back to London. I have read a lot about property prices being on the decline. With that in mind, can anyone suggest a good area (preferably in SW) with good public transport links which might have some upside due to e.g. regeneration or at least won't suffer too much decline going forward?

A friend suggested near Battersea power station but I'm open to ideas. Budget is £400k for a one (or ideally two) bed apartment.

Or would it be best to rent for a year or so and then consider buying depending on the market? Thanks in advance.

Buying property in London is never going to lose you money. Check out Right Move would be my advise although like nculd if I had 400k I would be buying a nice converted farmhouse near me.

400K for a premium area in South west london um.

Depending if it's just you, you could get a decent 1/2 bedroom flat like Ncurd said, and as Tallshort says you won't lose your money.

Just depends if you're looking for a place long term, or short term with the potential to lent or flip later.

Hi all,

No ****, I'm currently selling a 2 bed house that overlooks Battersea Power Station. PM me

I'll start the bidding on Thursday when my student current account will grow 150% to €125. I'm a euro cash buyer so I fancy my chances.
Just wait until after 29 March you won't technically be allowed in the country but you probably buy all of Britain with the kind of money.

Spooky as. Is it a (relatively) new build? I was looking for something newish with modern interiors.
It's a period property actually. I'll PM you the link, if you are keen then contact me on here.

Tigs, I'll PM you too. Same, contact me on here.

Alpha, I'll be in touch if the pound falls far enough.

Anyone else...?

I've got, maybe, £18.

And the ability to rig the TRFies so you can win whichever award you want

I've got, maybe, £18.

And the ability to rig the TRFies so you can win whichever award you want
For International Player of the Year and Best Referee I'm in, however you will also need to convince my wife - what can you offer her?

Last edited:
Maybe I should consider Dublin instead of London. Need to check my family tree if I have distant Irish Granny who can help me get an Irish passport.

Latest posts