• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lomu enters bodybuilding contest

B

Bullitt

_46379601_lomu226.jpg

All Black legend Jonah Lomu will once again be flexing his muscles in competition when he takes part in a bodybuilding contest this weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8256247.stm

Wayheeey :D Read about this earlier. Good luck the Jonah, he could do with some good luck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 15 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
_46379601_lomu226.jpg

All Black legend Jonah Lomu will once again be flexing his muscles in competition when he takes part in a bodybuilding contest this weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8256247.stm[/b]

WTF? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 15 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think we should all enter to ruin the entire contest.[/b]

Good idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1030624.1457802.jpg

I'm about 110kgs of prime beef but I'm probably 5'6 not 6'6 like Jonah lol.

Not sure whether it was an urban myth type thing, but, wasn't Lomu supposed to have been lifting more weight than the props and others that you might expect to be lifting more weights than a winger?

He also came last in the long runs. But first in the sprints and anything else where he had a ball in his hands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thePFJ @ Sep 16 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not sure whether it was an urban myth type thing, but, wasn't Lomu supposed to have been lifting more weight than the props and others that you might expect to be lifting more weights than a winger?

He also came last in the long runs. But first in the sprints and anything else where he had a ball in his hands.[/b]

He came last because of his kidney illness. Not that he'd use that as an excuse but it was a huge contributing factor.

Ah - the way I heard was that he was generally poo at long distances, but had more leg power, 'benched' more and was faster than anyone else is the ABs at the time. Kind of making him seem normal, but a complete monster on the pitch. Although it was before the kidney issues were mass knowledge.

Yeah saw him last night on the evening News... He was posing like a body builder with his shirt off, must say he looked pretty good :) ripped up & his biceps were bloody HUGE!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 17 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
his biceps were bloody HUGE![/b]

In comparison to our very own Jericho's mighty guns they'd have looked like flaccid sacs of fail.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if he was benching more than the props etc, I remember Tuqiri was benching the most out of the Wallabies, and I think Ioane is a bit of a beast as well. Bench press is often a vanity exercise, so while forwards will be strengthening their whole core wingers will oil each other up and work their arms, chest and gluteus exclusively.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Sep 17 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In comparison to our very own Jericho's mighty guns they'd have looked like flaccid sacs of fail.[/b]

HA HA HA HA! Wow this made me laugh. Me and my big mouth.

Unfortunately though, those guns seem to be a tad bit bigger than mine. Seriously though, his arms are looking decent. Shoulders need a bit of size i think, but yeah, i need another 10 years before i look like that. Rofl. Especially now after the 'winter laziness'.

Speaking of biceps, i noticed that Australian lock's arms the other day, Mark Chisholm. He has incredible arms, and surely has the biggest biceps out of the rugby players...

0,,6286201,00.jpg

Pierre Spies is also pretty close i reckon...

pierre-spies.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 17 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Sep 17 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In comparison to our very own Jericho's mighty guns they'd have looked like flaccid sacs of fail.[/b]

HA HA HA HA! Wow this made me laugh. Me and my big mouth.

Unfortunately though, those guns seem to be a tad bit bigger than mine. Seriously though, his arms are looking decent. Shoulders need a bit of size i think, but yeah, i need another 10 years before i look like that. Rofl. Especially now after the 'winter laziness'.

Speaking of biceps, i noticed that Australian lock's arms the other day, Mark Chisholm. He has incredible arms, and surely has the biggest biceps out of the rugby players...

Pierre Spies is also pretty close i reckon...

pierre-spies.jpg

[/b][/quote]

How did Spies get such big arms by using such little weights....

I read about this about this a couple days ago. This is the pic the website showed, from stuff.co.nz

2865475.jpg

PS no more pics of biceps already! However if Jer1cho...ahem.

EDIT: Okay, just one more.

e608f7dd313941d9a5879cc39dee2493.jpg

It looks like there are stones growing in his arms! RIPPED!

Ugo Monye is pretty ripped i think!

Latest posts