• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kits 2013/2014

Last week I uploaded the new Wallabies jersey by Asics but that was just a drawing, now I have the official photo:

140416045752855636.jpg

I can say only one thing: BEAUTIFUL!!! 1999-2003 Era is back??

You really think so? Personally I think it's a little too busy... Really not a fan of Asics style in general too.

I much preferred the recent BLK effort:
Wallabies-rugby-shirts-2014.jpg

Best Jersey since the 80s Adidas ones: simple and classic, but with a modern touch. It's much better to emboss the southern cross too - having it blatantly in the jersey just looks tacky some how.

This new one is just awful by comparison.

Attachments

• Qantas-Wallabies-Jersey-2013-297x340.jpg
    Qantas-Wallabies-Jersey-2013-297x340.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 24
  • Wallabies-rugby-shirts-2014.jpg
    Wallabies-rugby-shirts-2014.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 22
You really think so? Personally I think it's a little too busy... Really not a fan of Asics style in general too.

I much preferred the recent BLK effort. Best Jersey since the 80s Adidas ones: simple and classic, but with a modern touch. It's much better to emboss the southern cross too - having it blatantly in the jersey just looks tacky some how.

This new one is just awful by comparison.

I like very much the last Kooga jersey (I bought that jersey) but for me is most beautiful the Asics Jersey, remember me the 1999-2003 Era. I think the yellow tone is right, and I like having a little white.

Cheers

I like very much the last Kooga jersey (I bought that jersey) but for me is most beautiful the Asics Jersey, remember me the 1999-2003 Era. I think the yellow tone is right, and I like having a little white.

Cheers

Yeah, I know what you mean but I never liked the tone of yellow in those late '90s kits... they were always too pale for my liking. I always preferred the more "golden" yellow of the '80s and early '90s with the green collar.
I also think having the southern cross so obvious looks a little tacky. There's just way too much going on in this kit - they need to minimise and simplify.

How ****ing good would those Crusaders kits looking without the chainmail graphic?

Seriously sharp design - I think this year's Adidas base kit is one of the best I have ever seen.

How ****ing good would those Crusaders kits looking without the chainmail graphic?

Seriously sharp design - I think this year's Adidas base kit is one of the best I have ever seen.
Agreed. I'd love to see an Adidas wallabies kit with a green collar but otherwise all gold

Some people are showing in some websites, which could be the new Boks jersey by Asics:

14042009304759831.jpg

What do u think? This isn't confirmed by SARU yet

Yeah, I know what you mean but I never liked the tone of yellow in those late '90s kits... they were always too pale for my liking. I always preferred the more "golden" yellow of the '80s and early '90s with the green collar.
I also think having the southern cross so obvious looks a little tacky. There's just way too much going on in this kit - they need to minimise and simplify.

I still prefer the new Asics kit, sorry.

The New England Sevens Kit 2014:

14042307503423553.jpg

140423075037989664.jpg

140423075039466676.jpg

What do u think?

Cheers

They should have got the Red Cross to sponsor it. Or Victorinox.

Looks a tad feminine on the boys I think. Like a patterned blouse.

England Sevens always look to have some garish kit, so this is no surprise.
It's different and stands out, so that's probably exactly what they were looking for.

Some people are showing in some websites, which could be the new Boks jersey by Asics:

14042009304759831.jpg

What do u think? This isn't confirmed by SARU yet

Confirmed, the jersey I uploaded last week is the new Springboks Asics Kit 2014:

140425125930843735.jpg

140425125929682223.png

Well our kit this year has been black and red so wouldn't be surprised if they're quite similar! I kept getting confused last time we played Canada because they're home kit that year was similar to an older Welsh kit, kept thinking it was Wales if I wasn't paying attention...

My guess us that there will be a good amount of white on it to differentiate. Getting another national team (a North American one at that) has to be somewhat a big deal for UA. So hopefully it'll be a good effort.

The USA will not be anymore with Canterbury, anybody knows who's taking over?

Latest posts