• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Johan Goosen Mk 2?

Haha. It's got to be. Paraphrasing:

"It was always the plan to quit playing rugby in my physical prime and key money making years to go and work on the family farm"

Does that ring true to anyone? Players should be made to read these statements out on camera so we can judge their acting abilities and see if they can say it without bursting into tears of laughter.

To be fair to Piet van Zyl, he was involved in his parents farm while he was playing for the Cheetahs, and he even studied BSC Agriculture at the university, so it was always in his plans to eventually return to the farm full time.

But with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off, and then return to playing rugby, as he does have a few good years left in him.

I just think we shouldn't jump to conclusions too early, maybe there is something else that might also be an issue but doesn't want to give too much info. Especially since it could be used against him and his family. And this might sound harsh, but with the farm murders in SA, if there are any signs of frailty at a farm, it will be exploited.

Latest posts