• Total voters

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Get a bit of discussion going on this, it's splitting opinions all over the place.

Personally I don't think it was malicious from Marler but it was scummy borne out of ignorance. I don't want it in the game and think he should cop a ban for it.

So . . .

I laughed at it when I saw it, I think it's funny and just boys being boys. However, boys being boys isn't really a good mentality and is frankly quite dangerous.

What I want from World Rugby is for them to come out and say "We haven't done a good enough job of making it known that this action is unacceptable in modern rugby. We understand that there is a difference between hijinks and assault, but it is impossible to investigate every occurrence. Therefore, we will not be banning Joe Marler as he would not have had enough information to know that these actions warrant a ban. However, in the future, actions similar to Mr. Marler's will be met with [insert ban here]. Rugby is a game for [insert PC bullshit here].

I fully expect them to either sweep it under the rug or give him a 20 week ban.

So . . .

I laughed at it when I saw it, I think it's funny and just boys being boys. However, boys being boys isn't really a good mentality and is frankly quite dangerous.

What I want from World Rugby is for them to come out and say "We haven't done a good enough job of making it known that this action is unacceptable in modern rugby. We understand that there is a difference between hijinks and assault, but it is impossible to investigate every occurrence. Therefore, we will not be banning Joe Marler as he would not have had enough information to know that these actions warrant a ban. However, in the future, actions similar to Mr. Marler's will be met with [insert ban here]. Rugby is a game for [insert PC bullshit here].

I fully expect them to either sweep it under the rug or give him a 20 week ban.
Fairish. I just fail to see when those actions would be acceptable at all other than between people with extremely good relationships, which you'd suspect by AWJ's response isn't the case between him and Marler and when in direct competition it probably shouldn't happen at all. (if a mod can correct the typo that'd be sound as)

Short, slap on the wrist ban and I'll be happy. Two week sort of thing, he's only realistically missing one game.

Out of order not an assault as such but a ban not a 12 +weeker as it appears hes a twatish wind up merchant by holding AWJs crown jewels.
So it's an act contrary to good sportsmanship high level no mitigation due to poor discipline record gets mitigation for pleading guilty 6 week ban.

Seen this loads at lower level rugby where banter is still allowed. It's fine.

but at pro level I don't know where I stand on this. In many ways I think the game I love is long gone. With players now milking penalties, not respecting the red, constant handbags and all banter gone.

I think I'm falling out of love with the professional rugby game.

It's funny on first viewing but it's really really not something we want broadcasted as part of our game on national tv.

Lengthy ban is fair. He can hardly claim to have a good disciplinary record so he could well get the full 12 weeks unless they just ignore it.

Honestly I'd have some sympathy for him if that happened but it would send the right message and ensure it didn't happen again. And at the end of the day it is right there in the law book and if the players aren't arsed finding out what the sanctions are for whatever offence that's their own fault really.

It's funny on first viewing but it's really really not something we want broadcasted as part of our game on national tv.

Lengthy ban is fair. He can hardly claim to have a good disciplinary record so he could well get the full 12 weeks unless they just ignore it.

Honestly I'd have some sympathy for him if that happened but it would send the right message and ensure it didn't happen again. And at the end of the day it is right there in the law book and if the players aren't arsed finding out what the sanctions are for whatever offence that's their own fault really.
Full ban is 4 years.

No prizes for guessing whose latest tweet is simply....

"B*llocks. Complete b*llocks".

But if you do need a clue it's not AWJ.

Calm down bro it's just banter with the lads bro.
Gonna down some of my teammates **** next and play soggy biscuit in the showers bro.

Such snowflakes, back in my day bro it wasn't a game till someone threw up and we rubbed the scrum half's face in it.

Or
Maybe this is Marers way of showing he has signed for Exeter.

Being serious
No place for it at the pro level. Should be banned.
Although people giving Thomas grief elsewhere about his comment is kinda weird.

Saying that not the biggest fan of Marlers humor TBH, comes across as those "omg I'm so random sometimes I will just say Chicken Nuggets randomly because that's just me :) hahaha :D:D:D

ban him. had it happened to me i wouldve knocked him out. no place for it

Marler comes across as being an attention seeking pr**k, don't know if that is who he is or if it is just an act.

Last edited:
Time to stop taking life so seriously
its not that. its just not funny , pretty offensive and its an invasion of someones personal space. no where in this is there humour. if this was done to a women then he'd be on charges. it were done in my day then there'd be a fight. if it were done to me i'd knock him out and screw the redCard, and i wouldnt stop at one punch.
no where is this acceptable and no way should this allowed to continue.
idiots like this arent welcome in rugby

its not that. its just not funny , pretty offensive and its an invasion of someones personal space. no where in this is there humour. if this was done to a women then he'd be on charges. it were done in my day then there'd be a fight. if it were done to me i'd knock him out and screw the redCard, and i wouldnt stop at one punch.
no where is this acceptable and no way should this allowed to continue.
idiots like this arent welcome in rugby
And he would have punched you back more than once

Your the troll. Hoping a player gets banned 24 weeks which is more than punching someone. You know there was nothing in that your just jumping on a bandwagon. Grow up
nothing? u have a lot of growing up to do. your a childish grub.

Latest posts