• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Joe Marler the best personality in Rugby right now?

Is Joe Marler the best personality in the game right now?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Yes but below it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I hate fun

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No his hair is dumb just go bald

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The_Wol

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
He's hilarious off the field, his interviews are always great. On the field he's a bit of a thug though. But still, I'm well known for my hate of the English (Thank Jonny Wilkinson in 2003 for that) yet Joe Marler is my favorite English sportsman ever.

IF the best personality isn't Joe Marler who is it?

Mixed bag for me. His reaction too Izzys stupid Instagram post was classic but when I watched him on house of rugby he came across as a bit of dick and was more annoying than funny.

Mixed bag for me. His reaction too Izzys stupid Instagram post was classic but when I watched him on house of rugby he came across as a bit of dick and was more annoying than funny.

That's how I feel about James Haskell at the moment too...

I've seen quite a few videos the last couple of weeks about Haskell and his discussions. Some them quite enjoyable, others just annoying. Marler I guess in the same boat.

I've seen quite a few videos the last couple of weeks about Haskell and his discussions. Some them quite enjoyable, others just annoying. Marler I guess in the same boat.
Aye,
They're funny in small doses but I couldn't listen to a multiple hour podcast of them. The 2min clips on instagram are just right.

In the age of the anodyne and the media coached Marler stands out on and off the field. He's always ploughed his own furrow which I like.

Back in the day Nick Easter was always good value. Mainly as he was the product of the real world, not an academy (my 2nd recent dig at academies).

Aye,
They're funny in small doses but I couldn't listen to a multiple hour podcast of them. The 2min clips on instagram are just right.

Yeh I think you really need two straight guys with 1 Haskell/Marler.

Prob why I like House of Rugby.
Alex Payne - TBH I really like him thought he was a good Host on rugby club etc on sky which was far better than the top gear wannabe Rugby tonight.
Mike Tindall - Good at telling stories clearly has had some great nights out but isn't really that rugby banter lad guy.
James Haskell - Brand Hask but clearly knowledgeable as long as Payne and Tindall can keep him somewhat focused.

It's why I struggle a bit with Rugby Pod since Goode and Jim are both full on lads. (also both heavily biased to Wasps and Sarries)

Yeh I think you really need two straight guys with 1 Haskell/Marler.

Prob why I like House of Rugby.
Alex Payne - TBH I really like him thought he was a good Host on rugby club etc on sky which was far better than the top gear wannabe Rugby tonight.
Mike Tindall - Good at telling stories clearly has had some great nights out but isn't really that rugby banter lad guy.
James Haskell - Brand Hask but clearly knowledgeable as long as Payne and Tindall can keep him somewhat focused.

It's why I struggle a bit with Rugby Pod since Goode and Jim are both full on lads. (also both heavily biased to Wasps and Sarries)
Can't listen to the UK house of rugby because Tindall is there, ********!

The Irish version with Andrew Trimble, Barry Murphy and Jerry Flannery is class. It's pure nonsense half the time but Fla is very insightful, totally Irish focused though so I wouldn't bother outside Heino weekends if you're interested in the prem. The only pod I've listened to since Ireland got knocked out of the WC.

I quite like Brian Mutaji, I'd advise people to check his life of Brian youtube channel out.

Honestly I had never even seen Haskell speak (other than "Play it back he sprayed water on me") then I saw him and realised he was quite funny. But to me Marler takes the cake, though sometimes he can be a bit dickish. The funniest I've seen him be was the Quinns game night.

Hamilton did a chat after the Sarries thing and it was very cringy. He kept saying things like "we dont know whats going on behind closed doors" and "we dont want to make assumptions without knowing the facts" etc. Well we do know Jim because they have just been fined and deducted points!

The analogy itself felt a bit forced/dragged out, but his ending line was quality - very David Brent

Latest posts