• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting Six Nations stat-attack!

P

Prestwick

Facts from the 2007 Six Nations:

1. England's pack did not lose a single scrum.
  2. England completed the highest percentage of successful tackles (94%)
  3. England also had the fewest missed tackles (23)
  4. England finally won the fewest turnovers (21)
  5. The highest number of turnovers won is jointly held by France & Italy at 38
  6. Italy also jointly hold the highest number of lineouts won at a whopping 78, with whom I do not know so I'll go with Ireland. Woo! Yay you!
  7. Sadly, Italy toppled Scotland's record for kicking away the most possession (156). Dan Parks and Matt Williams resolve to topple that record as soon as they can.
  8. Wales lost the most lineouts at 18.
  9. Wales also scored the fewest points (86)
  10. Wales made the most errors (84)
  11. Wales also completed the fewest passes (499)
  12. Ireland completed the most line breaks (33)
  13. Ireland's O'Gara was joint top try scorer (4) but also made the most individual errors (15)
  14. Scotland come second best in everything. Typical of Scotland as a whole really.
  15. France made the most tackles overall (484)
  16. France also made the most missed tackles (58)
  17. However they also scored the most points (155)
  18. And made the most completed passes (644)
  19. These facts have absolutely no bearing on this years tournament! :lol:

So what do we define as losing a scrum? Is it just the feed going against the head or are we talking about turning it 180???

I don't know, ask the guys who came up with the stats. Webby has a copy of them which he got at the Six Nations launch.

<div class='quotemain'> However they {France} also scored the most points (155)[/b]
Thats the one that matters really. Damn them for scoring points :) [/b][/quote]

lol, don't shoot the messenger! Not our fault your guys went for glory and cocked up, letting the Italians score that final try! Like I said, with everything thats happened in the World Cup and with the new coaches, these stats mean nooothiiing!

We're like, tabula rasa here, well..at least Wales, Italy and France are.

I would say it something to do with the scrum going against the head... [/b]

Probably, but what about when the team putting in concedes a free kick, penalty or gets turned 90?

Latest posts