• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Identify this Rugby top

williamsm2

Academy Player
Hi guys,

Can you help identify this rugby shirt/hoodie please?

Looks like it's something from the 1997 World Cup maybe (?)........

(Reason I'm asking is because this image is from Europol's mission to help catch child abusers. They ask the public to help detectives - by trying to identify certain items.)

Thanks

Attachments

• rugby top.PNG
    rugby top.PNG
    219.1 KB · Views: 44
Definitely 1997, but that looks like Leicester Tigers' logo in red above the ball.
Not sure if they were using it in 97 though, so maybe another team using a big cat as their ID (Uruguay?)

@Tigs Man - any thoughts?

Definitely 1997, but that looks like Leicester Tigers' logo in red above the ball.
Not sure if they were using it in 97 though, so maybe another team using a big cat as their ID (Uruguay?)

@Tigs Man - any thoughts?

Good shout - thanks.
I thought the red bit above the ball was the word "rugby" (with the first half of the word obscured by a fold in the top)... but could be wrong.
It's tricky cos this could be from anywhere in the world that plays rugby - not necessarily UK.
Thanks

It looks like one of the sport shop specials, not sure of the shop but seen the type about at the time. Sports Dirac the usually do loads at we time.

Hi guys,

Can you help identify this rugby shirt/hoodie please?

Looks like it's something from the 1997 World Cup maybe (?)........

(Reason I'm asking is because this image is from Europol's mission to help catch child abusers. They ask the public to help detectives - by trying to identify certain items.)

Thanks

There wasn't a world cup in 97

so either something club based or Hong Kong 7's kind of tournament

It looks like one of the sport shop specials, not sure of the shop but seen the type about at the time. Sports Dirac the usually do loads at we time.
1997 six nations top, sold by a sports shop under own branding as you say. Looks like it could be the 'Italy' version from the logo on the chest and the colouring.

1997 six nations top, sold by a sports shop under own branding as you say. Looks like it could be the 'Italy' version from the logo on the chest and the colouring.
there was no 97 6N - Italy joined in 2000

Tbh the ball for me looks more like an american football ball.

Latest posts